What is and how to install and use CCleaner on Windows 10? Is C:\ drive getting full for no apparent reason? Compared to a few weeks ago.
Notice a sharp slowdown in computer performance? Don’t worry, it could be a problem related to the presence of numerous temporary files on the hard drive.
So, would you like a utility that allows you to delete these files in a simple and intuitive way? There are several in circulation but today I would like to show you one. I’m talking about CCCleaner. In detail in this article we are going to see how to install CCleaner on Windows 10.
Ccleaner Used For:
- Remove some programs from autorun when Windows starts.
- Clean and fix errors in the system registry.
How to Download Ccleaner on Windows 10?
To start using this program, you must first download the executable from the Ccleaner website. To help you in this, you can directly click on the link below, and on the page that opens, click on the item Download Ccleaner latest version.
How To Install CCleaner on Windows 10?
- Now we can finally get on with the actual installation and to do so simply double click on the .exe file you just downloaded.
- On the first screen you can View the license terms of the program Change the installation language You decide to perform a standard or custom installation.
- If you want to do a standard installation, just click the Install button in the middle of the page, otherwise click the Customize button.
- I recommend, especially to the less experienced, to do the standard installation of the product. The whole operation should not take more than 30 seconds.
- At the end, uncheck View Release Notes and click the Start CCleaner button to launch the program.
If everything has been installed correctly, you will be able to start using the program and all of its features. Well, now that you know how to install CCleaner on Windows 10, continue so you can learn how to use it.
How to use CCleaner to clean the registry and remove temporary files from Windows 10?
After seeing how to install CClenaer on Windows 10, now is the time to see how to make the most of all its countless features and thus become experts in the use of the program.
Delete temporary files
To remove temporary files, such as cookies, caches, etc., created by the various browsers and by Windows 10, after opening the CCleaner program, click the Cleanup tab.
- Here press the Analyze button to scan all temporary files on the computer, otherwise press Start Cleanup to scan and remove these files.
- After clicking Start Cleanup, click Continue to continue deleting files from your PC.
- Please note: all browsers must be closed when deleting.
- Now you just have to wait a few seconds for the procedure to complete and then you can safely close the program and resume normal activity on your computer.
- It is recommended that you perform this procedure periodically to keep your computer clean and speed up its performance.
Clean registry keys
When you delete a program, not all traces of it are always properly removed from your computer. Sometimes, in fact, there may be some registry keys that still contain data related to the deleted program.
- To overcome this problem, CCleaner provides its users with a simple yet powerful tool that allows permanent removal of these obsolete registry keys.
- To take advantage of this feature, the first thing you need to do is open the Registry tab in the CCleaner program.
- Press the Scan for problems button to start the problem analysis, and then click Fix selected problems… to start the solution.
- On the confirmation screen, click Yes to back up your changes; otherwise, press No to continue. Personally, I have never had any problems during this phase and therefore I never proceeded to make the backup before this operation.
- In the troubleshooting window, click Repair Selected to run all registry keys in one go.
- Press Close to exit the screen.
Well, now you know how to use CCleaner to clean registry keys.
It is recommended that you perform this procedure periodically to keep your computer clean.
Disable a program from starting when the computer starts
Does the computer turn on very slowly? Does it take a few minutes before you can use it? You may not be aware of it, but it could be a problem related to the execution of some programs that start in the background when Windows starts. To solve this problem.
CCleaner offers its users a tool that allows the deactivation of unnecessary programs.
- To take advantage of this feature, the first thing you need to do is open the CCleaner program, and after opening it, first click the Tools tab and then Start.
- Inside the Start window, all the programs that start in the background when Windows starts are displayed. Select the one you want to suspend and click the Deactivate button.
- On the next reboot of the computer, disabled programs will no longer start automatically and the computer should be a bit faster.
This cleaning tool improves the Windows system in many aspects, here we teach you how to install and use CCleaner on windows 10 in the best way. At Geeksscan.com we hope you like this tutorial if you think something was missing, leave your comment.