There are many reasons why your printer might not work. The printer that encountered the error may have vague or no indication of another problem, but it requires immediate attention.
Assess your printer for easy problems
Some printer malfunctions can be caused by one of the following causes:
- Check that the printer’s power indicator is on. It could just be a loose or disconnected power cord.
- Check that the printer cover is still accessible. Close the cover.
- If a paper jam has occurred, remove any paper that is stuck in your own printer.
- No newspapers / blank paper – fill tray with newspaper sheets.
- When the printer and the computer have calculated that the cartridges are empty or empty, replacement or refilling is required.
- When the printer displays a “Cartridge Not Detected” error, the capsule may not fit properly in the compartment. Remove it and reinsert it until the cartridge snaps into place with a snap or secured click.
- The drum may need to be replaced. Replace the drum with a new one.
- Assess the USB cable while it is firmly connected to both ends of its own ports.
- When the printer has been disconnected from the system / router, check the system to see if the problem is with its own printer. You may need to reset your router / access point and reconfigure your system.
- Verify that the drivers are compatible with the version of the printer, or to obtain the current operating system that it supports. You may have configured the wrong version or the supported operating system of these drivers, or the drivers for the selected and installed printer version were incorrect.
- Performing one or more of these problems may clear the printer error. If the problem persists, go to the section.
Perform a factory reset
A factory reset clears any printer or computer errors and clears the default printer settings. Manufacturers have various methods to simplify their own printers. Before resetting the printer, make sure it is disconnected from the personal computer and system and is not performing any printing task.
Return the HP printer. Wait a few seconds for the printer to complete initialization.
First, press and hold the Power button, then press and hold the Cancel button.
Keep both buttons pressed for 10 minutes.
Publish Cancel button before power button.
Wait for the printer to print a test page.
Give the Canon printer back.
Access its menu.
Go through the installation menu and go to the device settings.
Select Reset and press OK.
Return the Epson printer.
Find the button labeled “Reset” or in some versions “Pause / Reset” or “Reset / Continue”. Press and hold this button for 5 minutes and run.
If your Epson printer does not have a reset button, press and hold the power button for 5 minutes. Your printer may turn over.
Wait a few minutes before turning it back on.
For More Information About Epson Printer in Error State Windows 10
If your Samsung printer is on, press and hold your own power button until the printer turns off and the indicator light turns off.
Make sure there is no activity on your Samsung printer.
Unplug the power cord, then simmer for 10 minutes.
Turn your Samsung printer back to AC and turn it on.
Press and hold the Cease button for at least 5 seconds.
The evaluation page begins to print.
Turn off your Brother printer, but do not disconnect the power cord.
Press and hold the Move button while turning the power button on. Keep the Move button pressed until all the LED indicators are on and the Willing LED is off.
Publish the Move button. Make sure the LED lights are off.
Press the Move button a minimum of six (6) times. Make sure the LED indicators are on.
Your Brother printer will restart.
Turn off the Lexmark printer.
Turn on your Lexmark printer and press and hold two and 6 simultaneously for at least 15 minutes. You can access its service mode.
In service mode, scroll down or browse and select Restore Factory Defaults.
Select Erase Out of Service and then Erase Memory. This will confirm to proceed with the deletion then hit Yes.
After resetting the printer, finally turn off your Lexmark printer.
Xerox Method 1
Return the Xerox printer.
Visit the printer control panel and the Stand Machine media.
Click the Tools tab.
Click Camera Settings then click Reset UI to Factory Settings.
Xerox Method 2
Return the Xerox printer.
Under Tech Mode, the media is OK when Technical Menu is highlighted. You can visit DataSetup.
Scroll down the DataSetup configuration to Clear All Mem. Underlined, then press OK.
Select your country and media OK.
A printer configuration test page is published to verify the reset.
Be sure to put the emphasis on the printer in an error state to reconnect and set up the printer connection to the system, or eliminate the cartridge / toner / drum and put it back in.