Dr. Ashok Vaid is one of the most acclaimed Medical Oncologists in India. He has vast experience of more than 31 years. Currently, he is appointed as Chairman of Medical and Hemato Oncology at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon. Some of his specializations include chemotherapy, bone marrow transplant, organ-specific cancer treatment, solid tumors, leukemia, and lymphoma. His aim is to simplify the complications and confusions in the healthcare system.
- Credited for performing the first 25 bone marrow transplants in any private hospital across north India.
- Conducted more than 40 national as well as international studies in clinical research.
- Frequently organizes seminars, workshops and conferences.
Senior Residency- Department of Medical Oncology at AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi, 1990-1991.
Post Graduation programs – DM in Medical Oncology from Dr. MGR Medical University Chennai, 1993
MD in Internal Medicine from University of Jammu, 1989
Medical School – MBBS from University of Jammu, 1983
Past Work Experience
- 1994-1997 – Consultant, Medical Oncology & Lecturer at Department of Internal Medicine in Govt. Medical College, Jammu.
- 1997-2000 – Senior Consultant and Coordinator at Department of Medical Oncology, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, New Delhi
- 2007-2009 – Head of Department, Medical Oncology, Artemis Health Institute, Gurgaon.
- 2009 – present – Chairman, Division of Medical & Pediatric Oncology, Haematology & Bone Marrow Transplant, Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon.
2007 – “Chikitsa Shiromani” Award by an NGO named International Study Circle, New Delhi.
Dr. Ashok Vaid won “Padma Shri Award” by the President of India in 2009.
Dr. Ashok Vaid is an active member of several esteemed organizations, such as-
- Indian Society of Medical & Pediatric Oncology (ISMPO)
- Founder, Member of Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Breast Cancer Foundation of India – Life Member
- Indian Association of Gynaec Oncologists (IAGO) – Life Member
- Indian Medical Association (IMA) – Life Member
- Association of Physicians of India (API)
- Indian Association of Clinical Medicine (IACM) – Life Member
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- European Hematology Association (EHA)
- Member Editorial Board – Current Trends in Asian Oncology
- Consultant Editor JK Science (Journal of Medical Education & Research) Jammu J&K (India)
Research & Publications :
- Management of Malignant Germ Cell Tumours of Ovary. Indian J Cancer. 1992 Sep;29 (3) :122-5 1992
- Synchronous oesophageal carcinoma with non Hodgkin’s lymphoma, problems with management Indian J Cancer. 1996 Sep;33 (3) :153-6 1996
- Prognostic factors in early stage Non-Small Lung Carcinoma Ind J Med & Ped Oncol 20:56-85 1999
- New Hormonal Treatments in Breast Cancer IJCP’s Medinews 2000
- Small cell carcinoma of the gall bladder: case report and review of literature Tropical Gastroenterol. Jul-Sep;22(3):170-1 2001
- Synchronous Cancer of Squamous Cell Carcinoma Lung (NSCLC) & Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia – – 2004
- Thymic Carcinoma Presenting as Myasthenia Gravis JIACM Oct-Dec. 2004 2004
- Thalidomide Physician’s Digest Disease Management 2004
- Malignant Gastrointestinal Stromal Tumours (GISTs) Indian Journal of Medical & Paediatric Oncology (JMPO), Vol.26 No.1, March, 2005 (Review-II) 2005
- Primary Testicular Lymphoma: A Case Report Haema 2006; 9(2):286-289 2006
- Prognostic Factors in Lung Cancer The Oncology Knowledge Bank Lung Cancer, Vol.1, 2006. ISBN: 81-7525-703-2 2006
- Primary Renal Osteogenic Sarcoma: a rare entity Hongkong Journal of Nephrology 2006;8(2) 2006
- Clinical medicine: A practical manual for students and practitioners A publication of Indian association of clinical medicine. p343-348: Chapter 37. Jaypee Brothers Publication. January 2007 2007
- Primary Testicular Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma-A Review Article Sao Paulo Medical Journal 2007; 125(5):286-288. PMID: 18094896 2007
- Favourable impact of intensity-modulated radiation therapy on chronic dysphagia in patients with head and neck cancer Br J Radiol. 2008, Nov;81(971):865-71 2008
- Diagnostic dilemma: non-gestational or gestational choriocarcinoma of the ovary J Assoc Physicians India. 2008 Dec;56:1001-2 2008
- Metastatic Signet-Ring Cell Gastric Carcinoma Masquerading as Breast Primary Case Rep Gastroenterol. 2009; 3(1): 21-25. Published online 2009 Mar 28 2009
- Haematologic Paraneoplastic Syndromes in Pleural Mesothelioma: A Report of Two Cases and Review of the Literature The Indian Journal of Chest Diseases & Allied Sciences, 2009;Vol.51 2009
- Nilotinib as first line therapy for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Indian Journal of Cancer Vol:48(4):438-445 2011
- Importance of Screening in Various Cancers. Annual Seminar: Cancer Sahyog A unit of Indian Cancer Society, Delhi Branch. 01, 11-13 2010-11
- Tobacco: Lung Cancer. Cancers we invite in our lives -Tobacco related cancers: Annual Seminar: Cancer Sahyog A unit of Indian Cancer Society, Delhi Branch. 01, 11-13 2010-11