Ankylosing spondylitis is an autoimmune disease characterized by the inflammation of the bone joints. The chronic degenerative condition leads to the fusion of spine bones, often leading to a permanent loss of flexibility in the spine, leading to the condition called ‘Bamboo Spine’. The patients suffering from this problem may ultimately experience a permanently bent posture. Homeopathy has effective medicines for the treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis. Unlike conventional medicines, Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing treatment not only manages the inflammation and degeneration of the joints but also makes the bones and the joints strong.
What are the Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis?
The following are the main symptoms associated with Ankylosing spondylitis:
- Pain and stiffness in the lower back, upper parts of the hips, neck, and parts of spine.
- Gradual onset of pain worsening over time.
- The pain worsened in the morning.
- In chronic cases, the spine gets fused leaving bones more fragile. Usually, in this stage, there is no pain.
- Curved forward posture. This may cause a risk to the lungs, as they are permanently under pressure due to the bent posture.
- Stiffness in the back of the heel accompanied by pain.
- Pain and redness in the eyes when exposed to bright light.
- Kidney problems.
What causes Ankylosing spondylitis?
The exact causes of Ankylosing spondylitis are not known and still, there is lots of research going on. Some of the common factors in the development of this disease are discussed as under:
- Autoimmunity: A condition of the body, when a defective immune system fails to differentiate the healthy cells of the body from the disease-causing agents and starts attacking the body’s own healthy cells.
- Genetic Factor: Genetics is another factor involved in the manifestation of this disease. Blood tests reveal that in 90% of the Ankylosing patients, a specific gene – HLA-B27 is present. This suggests that a person with a family history of Ankylosing spondylitis may be at an increased risk of developing this disease.
How to diagnose Ankylosing spondylitis?
For the treatment to be effective, it’s important to first diagnose the problem effectively to rule out the chances of any other associated bone disease. The following are some of the most commonly used investigations for the diagnosis of Ankylosing spondylitis. A careful analysis of these symptoms offers a better understanding of the disease and its progression and helps choose the best Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing treatment.
- X-Ray imaging of the lumbosacral spine part.
- MRI of the spine for additional confirmation of the problem.
- A blood test to check the presence of HLA-B27.
- A blood test to detect the presence of antinuclear antibodies for ruling out the chances of Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Routine blood tests- CBE, and ESR.
Moreover, a physical evaluation may give a piece of visual evidence related to Ankylosing spondylitis, as-
- Stooped posture.
- Persistent pain.
- Decreased flexibility in the spine.
- Inability to maintain posture.
- Decreased vital capacity of the lungs due to the pressure on the thorax caused by a bowed posture.
Conventional medicines for Ankylosing spondylitis treatment
During the early stages of the disease, when the inflammation associated with Ankylosing spondylitis has just started, there may be persistent pain present. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or NSAIDs are usually the drugs of choice for providing symptomatic relief in patients with Ankylosing spondylitis. Often steroidal drugs may be combined for quicker relief. Additionally, Disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drugs (DMARDs) like sulfasalazine can also be given to the patient to slow down the progression of the disease.
Provided that the long-term use of both- NSAIDS, as well as, corticosteroids may harm the general health of the person, one should avoid the same. Homeopathic medicine for Ankylosing spondylitis treatment is recommended for sustained relief of the disease.
Medicine for Homeopathic Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis
Homeopathy offers effective treatment for Ankylosing spondylitis. Homeopathic medicines pose no threat to health when taken under an expert’s advice. Autoimmune diseases, like Ankylosing spondylitis, may remain poorly controlled in the conventional system of medicines, but Homeopathy offers a superior treatment option for the problem.
Homeopathic medicines are composed of ‘potentized’ (activated) natural ingredients. The process of ‘potentization’ makes the smallest quantity of medicine to be the most effective against the disease. The medicines used in Homeopathy not only act on the disease but also acts as preventive medicine. On timely diagnosis of the disease, Homeopathic medicines for Ankylosing spondylitis can stop the progression of the condition and prevent further inflammation of the joints.
The unique ability and higher success rate of Homeopathic medicines make them the medicine of choice for curing chronic and autoimmune diseases. Similarly, a Homeopathic medicine used for Ankylosing spondylitis treatment offers the best results. For patients who have just started experiencing the symptoms of the disease, it is recommended to immediately consult an experienced Homeopath.
Timely intervention by an experienced Homeopathic physician for Homeopathic treatment of Ankylosing spondylitis can save from a lot of discomfort while providing sustained relief from the disease.