Biotin supplements are selling like hotcakes these days! These supplements have become popular, especially with women. Every woman who desires long and strong hair or nails has once in their life got the advice of taking biotin supplements. It is the show-stopper in the beauty industry these days.
These supplements are making quite a buzz in the market and seem to be promising, Let us read on to know what all is the Biotin Buzz about.
What is Biotin?
The word “biotin” comes from the ancient Greek word “biotos,” which means “life” or “sustenance”.Biotin is a Vitamin B found in food such as eggs, milk, and bananas. Biotin helps in converting food into energy and also many other important roles in our body. Biotin is also known as Vitamin B-7 or Vitamin H. Biotin is required for the functioning of several enzymes known as carboxylases. These are part of important metabolic processes, such as the production of glucose and fatty acids.
Biotin is a water-soluble vitamin which means it is not stored in the body and the excess biotin is removed from the body in the form of urine.
Foods Rich In Biotin
Most people get biotin from a healthy and balanced diet. Here are some foods that keep your biotin levels in check:
What does biotin for women do?
Every vitamin has a different function to perform. Biotin is not just limited to healthy skin and nails. As biotin helps in Hairfall and brittle nails. Biotin helps in metabolizing carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into energy, therefore, aids in metabolic health and also maintaining nervous system functions.
Beauty Benefits and other benefits of Biotin for Women:
- Healthy Nails: If you are battling brittle nails then biotin is your savior. Biotin deficiency can lead to brittle and fragile nails. If you are suffering from biotin deficiency then you may notice that your nails easily become split or cracked.
- Lustrous Locks
- Skin That Glows
- Breaks down Macronutrients: Biotin helps the body convert food into energy – it supports many of the enzymes involved in the breakdown of carbs, fats, and proteins. Specifically, biotin is involved in:
- Gluconeogenesis: This is a combination of glucose from non-carb sources, such as amino acids, and enzymes containing biotin that help initiate this process.
- Fatty acid synthesis: Biotin for women helps enzymes activate vital reactions in the production of fatty acids.
- Breaking Down of amino acids: Biotin-containing enzymes are involved in the conversion of many essential amino acids, including leucine.
- Helps Fetal Development: It is seen that pregnant women suffer from biotin deficiency. And pregnant women are supporting a new life within them, so it becomes important for them to keep their biotin levels in check. Pregnant women are at a higher risk of developing biotin deficiency, and biotin deficiency can lead to abnormal development of the fetus. Biotin along with folic acid is recommended for a healthy fetus. But, it is always recommended to take biotin for women supplement only after consulting your doctor.
- Controls Blood sugar in people with Diabetes: Biotin supplements are known to keep blood sugar levels in check if a person is suffering from type 2 diabetes. And also according to a study performed on animals, biotin may help prevent kidney damage in people with insulin-dependent type-1 diabetes
- Rebuilds Tissues: Muscles and tissues keep on rebuilding and Vitamin B is required to rebuild after tissues break down or muscles get damaged. Biotin is one of the components for rebuilding muscle strength and also in help tissues grow. If you continuously struggle with muscle pain then Roncuvita Biotin Supplement may prove to be helpful.
- Lowers Cholesterol: Biotin can help in lowering LDL levels and increase the levels of good cholesterol. If you are struggling to keep the LDL levels normal then biotin may help in keeping them in control.
- Thyroid Function: Biotin is known to maintain thyroid function and other key glands to normalize other body functions and keep you going.
- Helps in Cell Growth: One of the main functions of Biotin is to regulate the formation of DNA. This ensures that the genetic information in each cell works properly and replicates correctly. And this function becomes more important when your cells are dividing rapidly, such as in pregnancy.
Side Effects of Biotin for Women
Biotin supplement is widely available in the market nowadays and should be taken on the advice of a doctor. Also, discuss with the doctor about the other medications and any medical conditions you have before taking biotin supplements. Supplements may have a negative effect if taken with other medications.
Excess intake of biotin for women has no known toxic effects, but some drugs, herbs, and supplements may interact and may have an adverse effect on you. Supplements when taken on the advice of a doctor have no known side effects.
Biotin not only helps you in looking good but also other important bodily functions. It is a great supplement that has numerous benefits and no side effects. Your body makes enough biotin, but if you have a deficiency of biotin then Roncuvita Biotin Capsules are a great supplement.
So, if you are thinking to switch to Biotin supplements then a doctor’s advice is extremely important. And the best part it is nearly impossible to overconsume it, as it is a water-soluble component, therefore your body won’t build up the toxic reserve of this vitamin.