In recent years, new instant messaging applications have appeared on the market, and their popularity has been on the rise. Despite not being as successful as WhatsApp Messenger, these new apps have been consolidated. A clear example of this is Telegram Messenger created by the Dúrov brothers, both born in Russia. You can create or delete telegram account anytime.
This application, unlike Facebook for example, has a complex security system that guarantees privacy when sharing our information. In fact, this is the main reason why many users were attracted to this application in its early days. There are even many users who consider it as the best application in the field of instant messaging.
However, a series of unfavorable events have also occurred with this app in terms of its operation. Among them we have worldwide drops and failures in the encryption system; which was impenetrable according to its developers. There have also been cases in which certain conversations have managed to be exposed to the public without permits.
That is why several users have put this application aside, going in search of other apps that provide them with more privacy. In turn, there are still millions of users who continue to use WhatsApp ; therefore, most prefer to keep their contacts.
This combination of factors has caused users to search for a way to close their Telegram account. Regarding this, in this post we will teach you everything you need to know to close your account on this platform. If you are part of the group that has decided to stop using Telegram and you don’t know how to do it, we invite you to continue reading.
Instructions to Close your Telegram Account
In this post we will teach you all the steps to close or delete a Telegram account successfully and quickly. Whether you carry out the process from your PC or from the phone, it has no complications whatsoever. However, we remind you that once you have deleted your account, you will not be able to use it again.
The process to close your Telegram account is quite fast, since there are few steps to follow. Before starting the process, we recommend making a backup with all the important information of your account. For example, if you save photos, files, documents or conversations that have a high value for you in this app.
So, it is important that you make the respective backup because once the account is deleted, you will not be able to recover said information.
Steps to Close your Telegram Account from PC
In this case, the process is quite simple and requires only a couple of steps. In summary, you just have to enter a portal dedicated to it and follow the following instructions to the letter:
- First of all, go to the web browser of your choice and type this URL. By clicking on this address, you will enter the page where you have to request the deletion of your Telegram account.
- Then, in the blank space below, enter your phone number associated with your Telegram account. Remember that the number must be accompanied by the prefix that corresponds to your country. Now, press the ” Next ” option to continue.
- Later, open the Telegram application and you will see that you have received a message containing an alphanumeric code. You must copy this message, open the web browser and paste it in the space available, to confirm your request.
- Next you must briefly write the reason why you decided to close your Telegram account. At the end of this, click on the ” Done ” button.
- And voila, you have already been able to successfully close your Telegram account. From now on, if you decide to use this app again in the future, you will have to create a new account.
Steps to Close your Telegram Account from the Smartphone
The Telegram application can be downloaded on both Android and iOS without any problem. Which is considered a great advantage, since you can chat with your friends regardless of the operating system they use.
This is one of the reasons that makes this application so popular and practical among users of instant messaging apps. But the above procedure is not the only way to delete telegram account. And then in this post you will see the other way, which is very simple:
- Again, the first step to take is to open the browser of your choice, but this time from the mobile device. Then enter this URL. Now you are going to enter the appropriate web page to start the process of deleting your account.
- Then a blank space will appear, where you must enter your phone number preceded by the prefix of your country. Now, you just have to press ” Next ” to continue the process.
- Later, you have to open Telegram, where you will see a message with a unique code. Copy this message and then you must open the browser to enter it in the appropriate field that appears on the screen.
- Now, a new field will appear where you have to explain the reasons that led you to abandon this app. After that, press the ” Done ” option.
- Once you have performed each of these steps in order, you will have officially finished closing your Telegram account. Remember that once this process is done, you will not be able to access your account again.
How to Recover a Telegram Account That Has Been Deleted?
In this section we must remember again the importance of making backup copies. This is essential if you have important photos, documents or videos in your Telegram account that you want to keep. Since by deleting telegramaccount, then you will not be able to recover the information linked to it in any known way. That is, once you finish the whole process, the system takes care of deleting your telegram account completely. If in the end what you want is to download Telegram, you must remember to keep the application updated.