When it comes to digital marketing, high-quality content is a crucial factor for success.
In these digital times today, where the public can easily access online content, content marketing has become one of the most essential strategies in digital marketing. And at the center of every content marketing strategy is evergreen content.
What is an evergreen content?
Evergreen content, as the term suggests, uses content that will last over time. In other words, the evergreen content is a content type that maintains relevance throughout the year and provides valuable information to the public. So that they can review this content over and over again.
One of the main characteristics of this evergreen content is in fact. As the name says, people will always look for it.
Advantages of an evergreen content
One of the biggest benefits of having evergreen content on your corporate blog is that it drives traffic to your website long after it is first published, which can significantly improve your search rankings. With continuous web traffic, quality content optimized for conversion also has powerful potential to continuously generate leads.
Plus, evergreen content can help you save time and effort. This type of content can be easily repurposed on your blog and re-shared on your social channels.
How to create always trending content?
Always Trending content is timeless, relevant and highly engaging.
Most of the time, fast-paced or 500-word news posts don’t give you the constant traffic you need. This means that creating evergreen content generally requires more time investment.
However, if genuinely effective evergreen content can be established, the results can be phenomenal.
To help you start growing your evergreen content forest , let’s analyze some different types of content that can last and last:
- Lists: Lists that contain useful information or that your users can use to expand their knowledge are excellent types of evergreen content. Lists are incredibly easy to create and represent a powerful resource when you want people to come back to your website. Many people add useful lists to their favorites bar and share them with friends.
- Tips: Blogs that provide actionable tips are an influential part of any content strategy. To make your blog posts as evergreen as possible, make sure that the suggestions you offer are for a topic that does not have a time limit.
- Tutorial: people are always looking for ways to expand their minds and skills. The practical exercises offer brands the opportunity to create examples of quality content while improving their leadership status in that particular sector. By guiding someone in a complicated situation, you show them your knowledge and your background.
- Encyclopedia entries or definitions: the content that defines terms of an important sector and that outlines unchangeable facts on specific topics is also useful for an evergreen content strategy.
Parameters for a good evergreen content
- Relevance: Will your customers be interested in content? Will they find it useful? Will people who find content directly through a search engine likely buy products from your site?
- Uniqueness: How many high-quality pages are already present in the search results related to the subject? How can you make your content unique? How can you improve your content compared to the consolidated competition?
- Sharing: Is this the type of content that someone could share with their online contacts?
- Reputation: Does the content demonstrate your specialist knowledge? Does it reflect well on your organization?
A company’s website should try to digitally convey the knowledge that a customer would receive in real life.
Think of the website as your workshop and your evergreen content like the expert members of your staff who always know how to solve the customer’s problem.
What cannot be considered quality content and why?
- News: these types of articles are not useful for an evergreen content strategy because they are not relevant. News is relevant only for a specific period of time.
- Fashion and technology items: cease to be relevant in a short period of time. For example, you could write a review on the latest iPhone model released but, in a few years. It will be obsolete and nobody will worry or want to read about an old model of a phone.
How do evergreen content create organic traffic?
The evergreen content will help you position yourself as high in Google search results. Because they meet all the quality criteria set by Google when ranking web pages.
Google is always looking for the most relevant content to present to users. But it is also looking for unique and original content, detailed, informative and that can prove useful for users.
By applying the basic on-page optimization techniques on the page hosting the content and correctly promoting the content itself (for example sharing it on social networks). You will begin to receive the reward of your hard work, easily translatable into an increase in organic traffic.
The more organic traffic you get, the more money you can earn from AdSense or any other monetization method you choose. Automatically, your website will become more important in the eyes of Google and other search engines.
If you have a blog, a website, a corporate blog and you want to gradually start building your organic traffic. Increase Google’s trust and create a website that has useful content for the years to come. The answers are always in the evergreen content. It takes more time and effort to create it, but the benefits and earnings are also long terms.
If you think that the creation of evergreen content can help you and your website. Do not hesitate to contact me or feel free to comment on this article!