If you want to know how to change the username in your Twitch account, pay attention to all the information that we will show you. So it will be convenient that you continue reading until the end.
We will tell you the steps you must do to change the username without making mistakes and from scratch. This will help you to correctly modify the information on Twitch Account.
But before carrying out this task, it will be necessary for you to take into account some preliminary considerations that will help you decide whether or not it is convenient to modify your Twitch Account username. Check out.
What should I consider before changing my username on Twitch??
You must bear in mind that the username is different from the public name that you use on Twitch. Since it is a brief description that will allow you to use uppercase and lowercase letters. This ID cannot be different from the Twitch username because it will be the one that will be displayed on your channel and on your profile page for others to see. From this it emerges that the user is the identification used on the platform to log in. This function must always be in lower case.
It can only be modified if you’ve already confirmed your email on the platform and possess a subscription in Prime Gaming or Twitch Prime. If you have not done it, you will still have to enter the official Twitch page with your trusted browser or enter the URL https://www.twitch.tv/. Then, you will have to go to the upper right corner and click on the warning that you will find. Wait a few seconds and open your email box, this will allow you to see a link that you must use to verify your account.
When you already have the verified email, you will be able to change the username, but you must bear in mind that you can do this only once every two months. That is, if during the last 60 days you have modified your username, you will not be able to do so until the specified date is reached. Once you change the name on Twitch you should bear in mind that the streaming statistics will be lost, so the information will return to zero.
Change Twitch Account Username
This can harm you if you do not have a recognized name within the Twitch community because it will cost you to regain the strategic position of your personal brand. Do not worry about the income that you have been obtaining so far, since these will not be lost. On the other hand, if you regret the change, you will not be able to use your old username again for 6 months because it will not be available.
Therefore, you need to be careful and pay attention before making this important decision. Do not forget that the URL, if you are a Streamer, will not be able to redirect to your channel with the new username because Twitch does not perform this action. Also, if you are an affiliate or partner on Twitch, you have to know that the name of the article that is used in the channel URL will not be modified.
Learn step by step how to change the username of your Twitch account
Next, we will show you the step by step you must do to change the username of your Twitch account from 0 to 100. This will help you differentiate yourself from the rest of the streamers and gain more subscribers for your channel. Do not forget to consider before carrying out this process all the aspects that we previously showed you in the previous point.
The guide you will have to follow to change your username on Twitch is:
- Log into Twitch from your browser or through the mobile app. To do this, you must write your username to which you want to modify (that is, the old one) and your access password.
- Next, go to the upper right corner of the screen and click on your profile photo.
- The previous step will allow a window to be displayed with a menu of options, in which you will have to choose the function of the platform called Configuration. This tool is represented by a cogwheel icon.
- Once you click on this function, you will be able to modify different aspects of your account, so you must choose the Profile tab.
- Scroll down the screen until you find the Profile settings field.
- In this section you will be able to read a form called Change your account identification data, where you will have 3 areas to complete.
- Go to the first option, Username.
- At the end of the field you will find a pencil icon, if you have a Prime account. Click on this pencil and type your new username.
- To finish, click on the Save changes button. Remember that you can do these steps again after 60 days.