Dr. Randhir Sud is an eminent Indian Gastroenterologist with experience of nearly 40 years. Presently, he is the Chairman of the Department of Digestive & Hepatobiliary Sciences at Medanta Hospital, Gurgaon. He started the GI Oncology program in India and has been working to inaugurate/ initiate a therapeutic GI endoscopy. He is the former co-chairman of the department of gastroenterology at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi. Dr. Sud started his career at the position of Junior Residency in January 1979 at AIIMS, New Delhi. Besides his academic qualification, he has also received several medals including golds for his incredible performance in medical examinations.
MBBS – Govt. Medical College, Amritsar (Punjab, India), 1978
MD – Medicine – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1981
DM – Gastroenterology – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, 1983
During 1981-1983, he worked as Senior Residency at AIIMS
During 1984 – 2010, he worked as a Consultant in GE at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
During 1994 – 2004, he was an honorary visiting Professor at Harvard Medical School, Boston USA.
During 2004 – 2006, he was an honorary Visiting Professor at Alabama Birmingham.
Medical Council of India (MCI)
Indian Society of Gastroenterology
Association of Physicians of India
Bharat Ratna Priyadarshini award, 2003
University Gold Medal and Certificate of Merit for standing First in Final M.B.B.S Guru Nanak Dev University Punjab
Indian Society of Gastroenterology “Master in Endoscopy” gold medal 2004
First Prize in First Professional M.B.B.S Examination
Dr. Randhir Sud: Ways to prevent gastrointestinal diseases
Develop a habit of drinking plenty of water regularly.
Dr. Sud says to have frequent meals which include more fibers to keep your digestive system healthy.
Avoid drinking sugary products especially fizzy drinks.
Keep exercising regularly.
Avoid eating food products that can cause acidity.
Always chew food properly just to avoid constipation or indigestion problems.
Consult Gastrointestinal specialists if you face issues such as constipation, diarrhea, gas, heartburn (acid reflux), nausea and vomiting, or intestinal cramps.
A brief about Profesional career:
Dr. Sud got inspiration from his mom-dad to work hard and to do something for the well-being of people.
He entered the medical field with the motive of providing medical services as a Gastroenterology specialist. With consistent hard work, he became one of the few eminent Gastroenterologists in the country. He is board member in the department of internal medicine. In 2008, he has received bharat ratna priyadarshini award for his incredible contribution to the department of Gastroenterology. In 1981 while working in AIIMS, he continued his studies for MD from AIIMS, New Delhi. He has expertise over the treatment of Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Mucosal Resection, Steatosis, Hepatitis B, Gall Bladder (Biliary) Stone, Peptic / Gastric Ulcer, gastro intestinal cancers and hepatic diseases.
Dr. Randhir Sud- My steps to glory:
1) Always have a clear vision: We should have clear goal and vision in our mind. It’s important to decide what we actually want to achieve and how can we reach to that goal. Analysis of your area of interest is also significant. Becoming doctor is something that needs sacrifices and one must have motive to serve selflessly. Make sure you’re fulfilling all the criteria to become a doctor. Always have dedication and commitments towards your goal.
2) Discover your potential: Do not overwhelm yourself. Identify your potential and then accordingly set your career direction. If you think you need help in making career decisions, do take help from career counselors, family, relative or other sources. Once you discover your potential, focus, consistency & determination are the key factors to become successful. If we will take right steps at initial stage, we will reach to our destination definitely and at the right time.
3) Priority to academic qualifications: Before entering into the professional world, make sure you’re completing your education properly. If you’re skipping your higher studies then it would be difficult to complete it later. In medical profession, higher studies matters a lot and it increases the chances of becoming a renowned doctor. Medical profession is a profession in which higher studies is must to have a good command over your specialization.
4) Loyalty towards your profession: Make sure you’re loyal to your profession. Never try short-cuts to reach to your destination as it can spoil your career. If you’re looking for a permanent success and fame for yourself, make sure you’re working hard with honesty towards your profession.Don’t be greedy in your work, just treat people selflessly by providing tthe best treatment to the patients. Never loose hope and don’t take excessive pressure on yourself.
5) Attitude towards life: Positive attitude towards life, career and profession is important. Attitude can make difference in your life. Never loose hope and never stop trying to become better version of yourself. Serving to the needy ones can give you sense of satisfaction which can boost your confidence. Always try to be polite and avoid arrogance which can hurt others. Share your happiness, positivity and always be helpful. Stay connected with yourself and society to live with peace.
If you’re searching for a prominent Gastroenterologist in India, visit Vaidam.com to book an appointment with Dr. Randhir Sud and get the best treatment done.