The excavator operator and all personnel servicing the mechanisms involved in the complex must undergo introductory briefing and safety training at the workplace. It should be repeated at least once every 3 months and each time. The operator of the excavators and all maintenance personnel of the machine must be provided with protective equipment in accordance with applicable standards.
Without appropriate protective equipment, the excavator maintenance personnel are not allowed to work. For example, the excavator buckets for sale can save a lot of money Furthermore, all types of briefing and testing of safety knowledge should be formalized with appropriate das it available at all-inclusive prices. documents, magazines for briefing, protocols, etc.
So, what else do you keep in mind while working with excavators? Well, let’s have a look at the following guidelines in detail.
Safety Regulations Before Starting Work on the Excavators
Before starting work, the excavator operator should receive:
- Exact instructions on working conditions like the presence of underground utilities and the place of their passage, the location of overhead power lines, the presence of obstacles, and many more.
- Technological map of the excavators.
- Safety instructions.
Before starting work on the excavator, the operator must:
- Make sure the machine is in good working order;
- make sure that all rotating parts like gear, chain, belt drives, flywheels, etc. are shielded or inaccessible to workers.
- Check signal status.
- To receive information from the operator who will hand over the shift about the presence of any malfunctions on the excavator and to eliminate these malfunctions.
- Make sure you have a working tool like an excavator grab.
- Ensure the strength of all joints (key, wedge, bolt, etc.), as well as the connections of the control system pipelines. Also, check the serviceability of the brakes and ropes.
- Check the serviceability of the control levers and set them to neutral.
- Lubricate the excavator in accordance with the lubrication chart in the excavators instruction manual.
After making sure that the excavator is in good condition, the operator starts refueling the excavator along with other maintenance personnel.
The following safety requirements must be observed:
- Refuel the engine and hydraulic system with fuel and oil only in natural light.
- It is forbidden to smoke, use matches, kerosene lamps, and other sources of open flame when refueling the machine.
- After refueling the excavators, all parts doused with fuel or oil must be wiped dry. And, the fuel spilled near the excavator is thoroughly covered with sand.
- It is forbidden to open a fuel barrel by hitting a cork with a metal object.
- The fuel ignited near the machine must not be extinguished with water. To extinguish ignited fuel, you should use a fire extinguisher.
Excavator Safety Requirements
- On each excavator, tables of operation of the control levers and diagrams of starting devices should be posted. The excavator must be equipped with a sound signal.
- When the excavator is working in conjunction with vehicles or utility vehicles, an alarm system must be worked out between the excavators operator and the operators of other machines.
- During the operation of the excavator, it is forbidden to change the boom when the bucket is full. It is forbidden to adjust the brakes with the bucket raised.
- During a break in work, the excavator boom should be moved away from the bottom, and the bucket should be lowered to the ground.
- The operator is obliged to monitor the condition of the face. If there is a danger of collapse, immediately take the excavators to a safe place and inform the manufacturer or foreman of this. If during operation underground cables, gas pipelines and pipes under pressure are not known to the operator in advance, the work should be immediately suspended and the administration informed.
- Raising and moving a bucket of oversized pieces of rock, logs, boards, beams, etc. is prohibited.
- It is forbidden to lay, boards, logs, wedges, stones, and other objects under the caterpillar tracks or track rollers to prevent the crawler excavators from moving during operation. For this purpose, serviceable braking devices of the running gear should be used.
- When unloading the soil into the car, the bucket should be lowered as low as possible so as not to damage the machine. Oversized loading of the car body and uneven distribution of soil in it is not allowed.
- When the excavator is disassembling destroyed buildings, it is forbidden to install an excavator and begin work with it until the mechanism that destroys the building stops completely;
- The excavators operator must work in dustproof glasses.
- All windows and doors of the excavators cab must be closed during work to prevent dusting of the cab.
- The place of work should be periodically watered to settle dust.
- Beware of overhanging beams, blocks and other parts of the destroyed building;
- The excavator operator must be issued an order for, particularly hazardous work.
- Moving an excavator with a loaded bucket boss is not permitted. The turntable must be braked.
- Cleaning, lubrication, and repair of the excavator can only be done after it has completely stopped. The engine must be turned off and all moving chassis of the excavator is locked,
- The bucket is allowed to clean from adhering soil or items stuck in its teeth.
- Inspection of the boom head blocks is allowed only when the excavator stops and with the permission of the operator.
- During the operation of the excavators, it is forbidden for anyone to be on the turntable, or to anyone to cross the excavator through working mechanisms.
- To avoid an accident, all foreign objects must be removed from the turntable before starting the excavator. All necessary equipment and tools for work should be stored in a place specially designed for this purpose.
- When performing work on an excavator to destroy old buildings with an excavator the operator is required to wear dust protection glasses during operation.
- The excavator must stand outside the limits of the possible collapse of walls or ceilings that is approximately at a distance, not less than the height of the building to be destroyed.
- The working site should be well lit by searchlights. The installation of floodlights should exclude the possibility of blindness for the excavator operator.
- It is only allowed to begin work on cleaning destroyed structures and construction waste after stopping the destruction of the building.
The path along which the excavator will move with shields or flooring from boards or sleepers. As a rule, within the city and over long distances, the excavators must be moved on heavy trucks or railway platforms.
In addition, the descent and elevation of the excavator when moving it under its own power can be carried out on a road gradient must not exceed the maximum overcome angle of elevation of the excavator according to its technical passport. You need to keep every safety rule in mind in order to protect your workers.