iOS jailbreak or jailbreaking your iPhone means freeing it from the restrictions that its manufacturer and carrier have set for it. After a jailbreak, your device can perform anything that was previously restricted. For instance, installing unofficial apps and enhancing settings, and modifying phone pace that was not allowed previously.
What are iOS jailbreaking benefits?
Some of the benefits of jailbreaking include the following:
- If it is an iPhone, you can install any app that hasn’t been approved by Apple, for example, GV Mobile, an unofficial version of the Google Voice app.
- Also, depending on the phone model, one might need to jailbreak to add custom notification sounds and ring tones.
- Some apps are made to work only when a WiFi network is available. Such as the iPhone allows Skype only with WiFi.
- Jailbreaking provides you with more options for managing files on the iPhone. You can use iFile to copy and moves files, transfer files over a web server, and set permissions on files.
- It is required as the first step to unlocking your iPhone. It can work with another GSM carrier’s SIM card. This is very useful if you plan to travel overseas and want to use the iPhone without the heavy charges of international roaming.
- xGPS is also an unofficial app providing a good reason for many users to jailbreak the iPhone. This is actually a free turn-by-turn GPS app.
- You have to jailbreak to be capable of running background third-party apps for pre-iOS4 iPhones.
What are iOS jailbreak drawbacks?
If you make a mistake, your device could end up useless, more specifically, while installing a custom ROM.
iOS jailbreak can compromise your smartphone’s security and/or reliability as these devices are full-fledged computers indeed. The devices are vulnerable to malware and other threats. Apple’s App Store provides its users with apps that are tested carefully. This applies lesser to the Android Marketplace.
Unofficial apps contain malicious code, or they may be poorly developed and can cause your phone’s Operating System to crash.
Eventually, many custom ROMs function the phone’s memory and processor harder, affecting battery life, thus reducing it.
Should you iOS jailbreak?
Being advantageous, Jailbreaking iOS is best for more advanced users having full knowledge of all possible risks that might come with the process. You can jailbreak with either checkra1n jailbreak or download unc0ver jailbreak. However, if you don’t know the term clearly or lack an idea of how to jailbreak an iPhone, or are unaware of its drawbacks, you would better not take risks. As the iPhone doesn’t come less costly.
By considering both its pros and cons, before you jailbreak your device, you might make a firm decision. Obviously, the ultimate decision is yours, do what you want for yourself and your iPhone.
Once your iOS jailbreak, you have taken up all of your phone’s responsibility since you may void the warranty your carrier provided you. Hence, if something wrong happens to your phone, you can’t rely on AT&T, Verizon, or Apple to fix it.
Many users complain about an unstable or entirely disabled phone after they jailbreak their device. This provides you with another reason to avoid this extreme step. Otherwise, your costly phone could end up having nothing but a costly paperweight.