Forgetting your Yahoo mail password is a normal thing, as it is a common issue for every email account holder. But, if you are finding to reset or recover the Yahoo password, there are two methods available for you to regain it.
Two conditions that lead you to recover your Yahoo email password; in case you forgot the password and if your account has been compromised. Both situations demand changing or resetting the password. However, the process of changing or resetting the password is very similar.
Recover Yahoo Mail Password
Follow the below-given ways to recover the Yahoo password:
- First of all, visit the Yahoo sign-in page.
- Hit on “Forgot password”.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to give your Yahoo account email address.
- Once you entered the Yahoo mail id, you will see the two password recovery options
Recovery using Alternative Email address
In this method, you will receive the password recovery link on your alternate email address. Click on that link, it will redirect you to the password reset page where you have to set a new strong password. After that click on save and you will be able to reset and recover your password.
Recovery Using Mobile Phone Number
With this method, you need to provide the missing digit of your registered phone number and Yahoo will send an OTP onto it. Once you get the OTP to enter it into the page, it will redirect you to the password recovery page. There you can create a new password and regain access to your Yahoo account.
Change Yahoo Password using Desktop or Laptop
You can change your Yahoo account password by using your computer. But without following the right steps, you can’t do or face several problems. So To do is accurately follow the underneath steps:
- First, go to the Yahoo email login page by using your default web browser.
- Now try to access your Yahoo mail account by entering login details.
- Tap on Account Info.
- Tap on the Account security option.
- Now enter your password to go further steps
- Then the Account security page will open.
- Now tap on the Change password link.
- Next, type a new password for your Yahoo account and then retype it to confirm.
- Hit on the Continue tab to complete the process.
Change Yahoo Password on Mobile
Furthermore, you can change your Yahoo account password on your mobile. However, you won’t be able to change it by using the Yahoo mail app; all you need to open the Yahoo mail website from your mobile and then follow beneath steps:
- First, open Yahoo webpage on your mobile and login into your Yahoo account.
- Click on the menu icon placed on the upper left corner.
- Now tab on the Options from the menu.
- And, the Account Security page will open; here you need to click on the Change password option.
- Enter a strong password for your Yahoo account and re-enter it for confirmation.
- Now you are done, you will be able to login into your Yahoo account with the new password.
However, you reset the Yahoo password with the help of the Yahoo help center, the process is also very simple and easy to understand. On the help center, you can also get the option of Yahoo free chat with experts.
How to Reactivate Yahoo Account
If you have permanently deleted your Yahoo account, you can only recover it before it is permanently deleted from Yahoo.
To reactivate Yahoo mail account, follow the ways given below:
- Visit the sign-in page of Yahoo mail.
- Enter your Yahoo account username or password and hit on ‘Sign in’.
- If required, go through the verification process. In the procedure, you will receive a confirmation code on your linked mobile number & secondary email address.
- Complete the CAPTCHA verification and click on ‘Re-activate’.
- After you see the successful reactivation message, try to sign in to your email account by entering the username and password and then click on ‘Sign in’.
- Now, you have successfully logged into your Yahoo account, you will be able to see your all old emails and other data. However, you will not be able to recover some of your data as that has been permanently deleted.
- Note- Make sure to create a backup of your emails, contacts, or other important information to a different email account if you ever want to delete your Yahoo account.
Deactivate Your Yahoo Account
Deactivating the Yahoo account is not a tough task, it is as simple as creating the Account. In short, it is a cakewalk process. In order to deactivate your Yahoo account follow the underneath bullet points.
- First, go to the Yahoo account deletion page from the default browser, you can go on by clicking the https://edit.yahoo.com/config/delete_user access your account using email id and password.
- Now you will see the box along with information, click on continue
- Now enter your email address again and tap on “Yes, terminate this account”
- Delete Account using Mobile
- Open Yahoo Mail
- Tick the box with three lines
- Now Tap on Manage account
- You will receive the list of accounts on the mobile.
- Now select the one you need to deactivate & delete.
- Then, click on the Edit option and then tap the Remove option
- To confirms the deletion again tap on the remove option
Add or Remove a Yahoo Account Recovery Method
To not get locked out of your Yahoo account, it is important to add a recovery method to it. Also, you must keep updating the recovery information in order to stay secure all the time. It is easy to add or remove recovery information from your Yahoo account as and when required.
Here are the steps that you can use to add a recovery method to your Yahoo account:
- Go to the Yahoo security page.
- Tab on the choice ‘phone numbers’ or ‘email addresses’.
- Next, hit on ‘Add recovery phone number’ & ‘Add recovery email addresses’.
- Then follow the instructions shown on the screen to add the information required and verify the same.
- To remove an account recovery method, you can follow the given steps:
- Open the security page of Yahoo and go to the section of ‘email addresses’ and ‘phone number’.
- Now, click on the ‘Delete’ option in front of the recovery information that you want to remove from your Yahoo account.