With the breakneck speed of alterations in the realm of technology, individuals and their corresponding brands are left with no options but to jump on the train of the trend. This provokes the need to bank upon e-learning and learning management systems. With the rat-race among corporates, none require this more than these organizations.
Peppered with multiple technologies, Corporate LMS is gaining a huge market, globally. One can root for these facts with the following figures that are expressive of the learning management system’s popularity –
- 40% of Fortune 500 companies are dependent on LMS to maintain their edge over their competitors
- An estimated 30% of all the LMS buyers, worldwide, are tech companies
- The LMS sector is about to witness a CAGR 24% spike, worldwise between 2016 to 2020.
- The global corporate LMS will be boosted by a $12.48 billion, a 23% CAGR between 2020 – 2024
- An estimated 72% of the global brands look into the corporate LMS as the much-required edge over its competitors.
The set popularity of the learning management system makes it a must for brands, irrespective of their genre of trade to stay updated about this learning system and all its intricacies. So here is the much-required manuscript to its details!
LMS – What is it?
Getting established and considered as a leading resource in the industry of your business requires your employees to be well-versed with the various objectives that your brand shares. With the corporate learning management system, there is an advantage – its role is tailor-made as per organization-requirements.
However, there is an umbrella objective of this learning system that is –
-any online training initiatives for employees. All that is required to be done is to upload assets to the system, thereby making it conveniently accessible for the remote employees enlisted for the training.
Then again, for some cases, brands prefer to opt for an e-training System that comes with an in-built authoring tool for eLearning. This is specifically efficient considering that online training models are developed that do not require any third-party software for the purpose.
With the Corporate e-training System, employers can expect it to be a coagulation of info that can be easily stored and tracked. Employees, aka, learners need to key in their login ID and password to access such material. With this system, there are two categories of users –
User 1: Virtual learners – They use the e-training System and participate in multiple training courses.
User 2: eLearning team – Depends on the e-training System for disbursing info on the brand and updating various material on training.
Benefits of e-Training System
While the e-training System is a pivotal part of eLearning development and designing procedure, its benefits are widespread –
- Offers unlimited access to multiple eLearning material.
- Cuts down on development and learning prices
- Continues to keep a brand up to date to multiple compliance regulations
- Ensures integrated social learning experiences
- Keeps the eLearning content all organized in one place
- Conveniently track the performance and progress of a learner
- Mitigates development and learning time
- Easily expands the eLearning courses within the pre-set time frame.
Features of Corporate LMS
Central to the development prospect of any brand, the Learning Management System draws a higher rating from 39% of its users. These features are considered core to the popularity of the system. Here is a list of such features that make LMS a popular aspect for brands –
With brands dealing in generating revenues over selling courses, LMS is the ideal option. This learning management system has a set of customized features that meet with e-commerce industry requirements, specifically. However, considering that not every LMS platform comes equipped with a similar set of features, e-commerce brands need to look out for the following prior to settling upon a platform –
- The abundance of options in payment gateways
- Optimum support for various marketing endeavors, as is deemed ideal for the genre of trade
- Provision to track the purchases made and generate the accurate revenue details
- Offer notifications and receipts over emails and likewise options.
On a very obvious note, what is more trending than smartphones? Nothing, right? Then, your journey to mobile optimization is inclusive of but not conclusive to responsive web designs that befit the mobile screen.
Catering to the heavy demand centered around mobiles, learners are also leaning towards mobile learning. This suggests that the LMS come equipped with –
-technologies and lessons that would meet this surfacing lesson-requirement. This would also enable users to interact about the lessons over discussion boards, which becomes much alike the social platforms that the recent trend is pulling off!
Since the learning material in the LMS cloud is the proprietary of a brand or of its commercial value, its security is one of the primary concerns. This requires brands to tick in the following checkboxes prior to settling upon an LMS –
- Handling of user authorization
- Security of the sign-on
- Maintenance of data integrity
- Security of sensitive data
4. Blended Learning-support
A single, one-stop solution for both online and offline learning, corporate LMS is the call of the corporate culture. Make sure to look into that your opted corporate LMS –
- Supports both synchronous and asynchronous learning system
- Has support for external qualification, certifications, tracking and documenting of such certificates, offline
- Capability to register for workshops, events, seminars, and classes, etc.
5. Tracking and Reporting
Reporting and tracking are essential when it comes to aspects like quality of content, e-commerce, and addressing the progress of learners. This feature acts as an umbrella coverage of –
- Assessing the learning system via examination report analysis
- Reports of particular learning items
- Tracking of revenues, marketing initiative performances, and purchases
- Tracking of the progress path of a learner
6. Assessment and Testing
One of the most crucial, yet not always available features, corporates are required to check out for this feature primarily, prior to opting for an LMS. Such feature brings in the added leverage of the following –
- Randomization of multiple choices
- Supporting of pre- and post-tests
- Support for both manual and automatic marking
- Weighing of tests and assignments
- Flexible exam system
- Offerings of proctored examinations
- Offers support for text entry, long and short answer, and multiple-choice question types
- Storage of complete portfolios for a learner’s assessment etc.
The world showcased that even a pandemic of the volume that COVID-19 is, couldn’t put a period to the business realm, nor to the endeavors of the trade-world to expand their business kingdom. Catering to this, are the various learning systems that would chisel the business skills of employees to help further the cause of their corresponding brands.
In this respect, all that corporate LMS is doing is to act as the perfect catalyst for brands to achieve their motto of finesse, expertise, and a productive team of employees to bring out the best of their brand.
Well, wouldn’t you want to follow in the footsteps? All that you need to do is look into your brand requirements and then settle upon a mode of the LMS that caters to its purpose, the best!