Since the 18th century, yoga has been in high demand across the world. Recently, it started gaining even more popularity. Owing to the hectic life most people led, they needed an activity to help them relax. Yoga provided the perfect opportunity to do so. However, doing yoga in a cramped yoga studio at the corner of the road is hardly a great experience. Doing yoga peacefully and reaping its benefits to the fullest requires the right environment. This is what makes yoga teacher training retreats so popular. The non-academic teaching style and the location amidst nature make it an experience worth enjoying.
Why Go On A Yoga Teacher Training Retreat?
There are many reasons why a person may want to go on a yoga teacher training retreat. We have enumerated some of these below:
- A person is thinking about starting yoga teacher training. But they are not sure if it is the right career choice for them. Going on a Yoga Alliance teacher training retreat helps them understand what the training entails. It helps them realize if they are cut out for teaching yoga.
- For those who have completed their 200-hour yoga teacher training course, a yoga retreat is perfect for choosing their specialty. The 300-hour YTTC gives far more in-depth training in yoga teaching. It often requires you to choose a certain style of yoga to teach. Before investing in the 300-hour YTTC, it is important to know which yoga style suits you best. Yoga teacher training retreats focusing on certain yoga styles can help with that.
- Yoga instructor retreats often focus on a certain aspect of yoga. This could be certain asanas, pranayama, mudras, etc. You might be weak in a certain aspect, want to know more about it, or did not get satisfactory training in it in your YTTC. In that case, taking a yoga teacher training retreat can help clear up the concepts.
- For many yoga teachers and trainers, a yoga instructor training retreat works like a refresher course. Whether you are a teacher of yoga or something else, teaching requires constant learning. If you do not refresh your materials after regular intervals, you are bound to forget certain parts. Yoga teacher training retreats also help teachers stay up-to-date on current techniques and developments.
- YTT retreats are a great way to practice yoga too. Whether someone is a yoga student or teacher, they can take a yoga retreat for practice. It helps them brush up on old concepts and perfect what they have learned now.
- For yoga enthusiasts, a yoga training retreat can simply be like a yoga vacation. Yoga teacher training retreats take them to scenic location and gives them the opportunity to relax with yoga. After days of work, it gives them the chance to reconnect with themselves. They get to stretch their bodies and focus on their health for a few days before going back to their lives refreshed.
What Makes Rishikesh The Best Yoga Teacher Training Retreat Location?
Everyone considers Rishikesh as the best place to learn and practice yoga. People call it the yoga capital of the world. You will find the best yoga schools and teachers right here in Rishikesh. This automatically means that when you go for a yoga teacher training retreat in Rishikesh, you will be choosing from the best. There is no chance of returning unsatisfied.
The second reason is the location. Rishikesh is located in the lap of the Himalayas. The scenic hills, valleys, greenery, and the Ganges flowing through, all contribute to a mesmerizing experience. The air is unpolluted, the weather is pleasant, and the place is quiet – overall, the environment is very healthy. It provides the perfect setting for an activity like yoga that asks you to focus on yourself.
The third reason is the vibe of spirituality in Rishikesh. The entire place is filled with temples and the holy river of India, the Ganga flows through it. Prayers and ceremonies are always going on here. It automatically creates a spiritual atmosphere that encourages good yoga.
Lastly, the cost of going on a yoga teacher training retreat in Rishikesh is much lower than in other places. You will find that the schools here charge only a fraction of what you would have to pay elsewhere. This is obviously a good reason to choose Rishikesh over others.
How to Choose The Best Yoga Teacher Training Retreats in Rishikesh?
Choosing the Rishikesh best yoga teacher training retreat requires a bit of research. You need to pay heed to both your own needs and the quality of the retreat. Here are the things you need to keep an eye on:
- Always choose a yoga teacher training retreat from a reputable school. It increases the chances of the retreat itself being of a higher grade.
- Learn who the yoga teacher is who will conduct the retreat. Their style of teaching should suit you.
- Make sure that the style or aspect of yoga being taught is the one you want to learn.
- The duration of the retreat should fit into your schedule.
- The retreat should not cost you an exorbitant amount.
- The exact location of the retreat should be an accessible location with essential services nearby.
Finding the Right School For Rishikesh Best Yoga Teacher Training
A lot of how good your 200-hour yoga teacher training retreat is will depend on the school conducting the retreat. A good yoga school is more likely to provide a good yoga retreat. Therefore, if you choose from one of the top yoga schools in Rishikesh, half your work is done.