Alcohol has long been part of celebrations, festivals, and other events. Alcohol delivery is an evergreen sector to invest in. It is the appropriate time to invest in Uber for alcohol app development. There has been an unprecedented surge in the market for on-demand delivery services. And Uber for alcohol is definitely one among them.
Market trends statistics related to Uber for Alcohol
- The Boston-based app, Drizzly has witnessed a 300% to 500% increase in sales since January. In cities such as Boston, Seattle, and Chicago, people spend 30% more time on on-demand delivery apps.
- As per reports from Neilsen, in mid-March, the sales for online alcohol delivery climbed to 243% over one week.
- According to CNBC reports, online alcohol and spirits order is up by 20%.
The must-have feature set of Uber for alcohol app
- Simple Registration: There must be easy steps involved in booking through the website. Users should also be given the option to directly login via social media handles.
- Categories: Uber for alcohol app must showcase all the possible categories of alcohol so that users have more options to choose from. The lists of items must be broadly segregated so that users can quickly locate the products they desire.
- Save Favorites: There must be an option to save the products they often prefer. So that they can place quick orders directly from the list.
- Real-time tracking facility: Users can know the current status of the order by tracking the delivery agent using the real-time tracking feature.
- Secure payment modes: There must be a variety of payment modes like credit cards, debit cards, and e-wallets like PayTM, Google Pay, etc., for users to choose from.
- Schedule Order: Users can select the date and time for delivery beforehand and receive notifications to place the order.
- Shop from multiple shops: On a single transaction, users can purchase from multiple stores at once. This gives users the flexibility to purchase products according to their preferences.
- Re-order options: Users can directly place an order by selecting it from the transaction history.
Delivery Agent app
- Order Status: Delivery agents can track the current status of customer orders they have been assigned.
- Toggle Availability: Delivery agents can change the availability based on current preferences.
- Route tracking: They can use the in-app map to locate users’ places.
- Scan ID: Delivery agents can scan the ID once the package has been delivered so that the status would automatically change in the app.
- Engaging Dashboard: There must be an engaging dashboard. So that the admin can get a bird’s eye view of the overall activities of the app.
- See Reviews & Ratings: The reviews and ratings posted by customers are present in this module.
- Customer management: Admin can remotely identify and resolve customer grievances or any other issues.
- Earnings Module: The earnings earned to date are quickly updated in this module. If the app is hiring delivery agents on a contract basis, the commission can be altered and it will be reflected immediately.
- Content & Ad management: On-demand Uber for alcohol delivery app development has provisions to alter the content remotely through this module. Ad partnerships are also visible in this module.
Key Strategies to retain your audience in Uber for alcohol app
Setting the target audience
The users of your application would be customers, delivery agents, and app owners. So develop your application such that it has features concerning all the users. Also, have certain features like multi-currency and multi-language support so people across different demographics can easily place orders through your app.
The probability of an app’s success is high if it is offered with food. People often consume alcohol with food. So if you partner with food-delivery apps and offer the preferred combinations of food and alcohol as combos, more customers will order it. In order to do this, establish a partnership with the leading restaurants in the city.
Incorporate precautionary measure
Customers only trust the delivery platforms that incorporate precautionary measures due to the deadly virus. According to a report by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The Coronavirus is not transmitted by food packaging or related packing. They say that the chances of virus contraction are high in terms of direct contact with fellow humans rather than packaging. So it is safer to order online than to visit the store and purchase the products.
Some of the precautionary measures to follow are:
- Contactless delivery: Delivery agents reach the users’ location and leave the package at the door and intimate the customers about it through notifications, thereby eliminating direct contact.
- Shift to Digital Payments: The delivery portal must allow only transactions through digital mode in order to curb the spread of the deadly virus through money handling.
- Videos/GIFs: Videos and GIFs can be part of explaining customers’ hygienic procedures carried out during the packaging and shipping of customers’ orders.
In order to develop the app from scratch, it would cost from $30,000 to $45,000. Instead, entrepreneurs can opt for Uber for alcohol delivery app development undertaken by reputed app development companies. These readymade solutions have features, UI/UX, backend, and many more built to meet market standards. Entrepreneurs can become recognizable and popular in the competitive on-demand delivery sector in a flash.