The bond between a mother and her baby is a special one. It begins with the news of the impending addition to the family, with the baby’s jolt in the belly, with the cry of birth, with the first application to the breast. Mother’s milk is an important component of a baby’s health and immunity, the most useful and valuable source of nutrients necessary for the growth and development that a baby can get.
However, unfortunately, it is not always possible for a mother to maintain breastfeeding. There may be many reasons: from the health of the woman to the banal lack of milk. But in any case, the problem should be solved, and modern baby formula is maximally adapted to replace breastfeeding with high-quality food, especially if you prefer organic versions of the products.
What are the characteristics of organic products?
Organic refers to foods from agriculture and the food industry that use synthetic substances and genetically modified organisms (GMOs) to produce them. This has a bad effect on the nutritional organization of both children and adults. To improve soil fertility, most agricultural enterprises use synthetic mineral fertilizers.
However, for food to be recognized as organic, the land must meet certain requirements on its level of contamination by harmful substances. Therefore, organic agriculture improves soil fertility by natural methods – siderites, compost, humus, crop rotation, etc.
To destroy weeds in conventional agriculture, herbicides are applied to the soil. Pesticides and insecticides are also used to control pests. In organic agriculture, weeds are fought with the help of weeding, mulching, sowing of antagonist plants, and with pests – with the help of birds, and bait plants. In conventional agriculture. Seeds can be dressed with fungicides or insecticides. In organic farming, only un-etching seeds are used.
Now it becomes clear why you should choose organic dairy formulas for your babies. The correct phrase here is that by choosing organic, you firstly choose a healthy future for your baby. And secondly, you protect the environment in which our children will live.
Rules for choosing an organic baby formula
- Always consider the age of your baby, because as he grows. His body needs more vitamins and minerals, such as iron and calcium;
- Take into account his individual needs according to his health (tendency to allergic reactions, possible digestive disorders, problems with digestion, lactose intolerance, etc.). There are special treatment formulas for these cases;
- The quality and value of the base, determined by the type of milk (dry or whole organic, cow or goat) – pay special attention to this;
- The composition of the formula should include, in age-appropriate proportions, proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins and minerals, pre-and probiotics for the establishment of the digestive system and normal functioning of the intestines of the child.
- All ingredients for organic milk formulas must have organic quality certificates from the institute of control. For example, Kendamil formula comes from farms that strictly observe the European regulations on organic production and have the appropriate certificates. Which in turn guarantees the highest quality of their organic products.
Some tips for young parents to raise their babies
It is best to switch from one formula to another gradually, for 3-6 days! You need to increase the amount of new formula in each feeding every day and decrease the amount of the previous one. The older your baby gets, the more nutritious the mixes become, the protein composition changes, and the number mount of important minerals and vitamins, especially calcium and iron, increases.
Of course, not all formulas may be suitable for the baby. And it is not the milk substitutes themselves, but the individual reaction of the baby’s body to them. So, if the baby likes the new food, he eats with pleasure and steadily gains weight. He has no regurgitation and problems with emptying, and a rash on the skin. It means that all is well, and it is the same formula.
And if the baby is crying, has frequent regurgitation, diarrhea, bloating, allergic skin reactions, swelling, and is not gaining weight. This means that the formula is not suitable, and you need to contact your pediatrician. And you will together determine the formula which will meet the needs of the child.
So, if you have had to switch your baby to artificial feeding, then follow certain rules:
- Choose a quality organic formula;
- Properly store the dry ingredient;
- Prepare the formula according to the instructions;
- Monitor the baby’s weight gain and the overall condition of his body;
- Do not resort to frequent changes in the baby’s diet;
- When buying milk formula, pay attention to the shelf life and the warehouse;
- If your baby’s behavior changes, his stool in a negative direction, be sure to contact your pediatrician.
If you follow the above tips, success in artificial feeding your baby is guaranteed. Raise a healthy generation and be happy!