In this article, we will discuss some of the best eCommerce platforms for small businesses, compare the two most effective platforms, and discuss the importance of expert assistance for migrating online stores.
Here is a list of top platforms of eCommerce for 2021 small businesses
BigCommerce vs Shopify
- Shopify – It is among the most popular and biggest platform of eCommerce among all sizes of business. Being among the top website builders, Shopify has an easily usable user interface. You can create the store without coding or IT skills. Small businesses prevalently prefer Shopify for their ability to create customizable shops without having any knowledge of design or coding.
- Offers varied designs in great themes
- Enables multiple social and channel selling
- Sells products with a single click
- Gets assistance from certified partners
- Can easily be set up
- Lighting fast loading time
- Handling advanced features require a developer
- Adding up of apps may lead to more expenses
- Difficulties in customization during the checkout methods
- Consecutive studies have poorly rated them in SEO
- BigCommerce – This e-commerce platform is incredible for creating e-commerce websites for large and small businesses alike. They aid one in building their websites with an extensive set of tools and providing the opportunity to incorporate social media to see items through channels.
- Abandoned and all-inclusive cart features
- A brilliant collection of theme designs
- The SEO performance is quite strong
- They excel in selling products through multiple channels
- Scalable and flexible
- You can’t upsell or sell with one click
- The entry plan does not include cart abandonment
- High volume shops become costly
- Consecutive studies show inconsistent speeds
BigCommerce to Shopify Migration
Small businesses require professional assistance to mitigate their customer data, order, and product from BigCommerce to Shopify migration. Prior to importing the information to Shopify, firstly you have to export it from BigCommerce. Now let us discuss the migration procedure.
- Firstly, the website owner has to export the data of their online store from BigCommerce.
- Once the exporting is done, they have to import the information into Shopify.
- Then they have to update and review the imported data.
- This data has to be imported above a pre-existing import.
- The store imported data should be deleted.
- Finally, they have to consider the customer passwords.
Many small businesses face migration pitfalls typically due to the lack of professional help. The following are some of the issues of site migration in the absence of expert aid:
- Underestimating scale
- Slow response to fixing bugs
- Poor testing
- Late involvement
- Lack of budget or resources
- Lack of UX or SEO consultation
- Poor planning
- Unclear objectives due to poor strategies
Hence, among other popular platforms of eCommerce for small business, platforms like BigCommerce and Shopify stand out.