The first mention of popular card entertainment dates back to the 16th century. The game has reached our time in the form of several disciplines. They are presented in online gambling establishments. Now, many players prefer to play poker for Bitcoins.
Most online poker Bitcoin fans prefer to play Hold’em. According to its rules, you need to make the most profitable combination of five cards.
The game at the table goes like this:
- Participants make small initial contributions to increase the size of the pot.
- The two players behind the dealer make blind bets.
- Final auction.
To win in Hold’em, you need to collect the best hand or force opponents to leave the game. Card combinations are:
- Royal flush. 5 of the same suit from 10 to Ace.
- Straight flush. 5 consecutive of the same suit.
- Four of a kind. 4 of the same value and 1 different.
- Full house. 3 of one denomination and 2 of another.
- Flush. 5 of one suit.
- Straight. 5 consecutive of the suit.
- Three of a kind. 3 of the same denomination and 2 of different.
- Two pairs. 2 of one rank + 2 of one rank and 1 additional.
- One pair. 2 of the same rank.
- High card. No combination.
Benefits of Playing Bitcoin Poker
The advantages of playing on BTC are as follows:
- Anonymity. The use of BTC for deposits and withdrawals is not tracked. It is possible to fund your account from a country where it is forbidden to gamble online.
- Fast payments. Despite the conversion and use of partner platforms, BTC deposits are processed instantly. And the withdrawal of money is carried out faster than a bank card.
- Low commission. Transfer fees are absent or lower than traditional payment systems. Rooms do not charge anything for depositing and withdrawing money with cryptocurrency.
- Low rake. Small operational and technical costs allow the rooms to collect less commission from the tables than in regular gaming rooms.
How to Use Bitcoin During the Game?
Follow these tips from experienced gamblers:
- Responsibly choose a gaming room to play in. License, independent checks, reviews, reputation on the forums — any information helps to find out about the pros and risks.
- Do not keep large amounts of Bitcoins — both in gambling rooms and in your wallet. Due to high volatility, their value changes every day. It is better to keep several buy-ins of your limit in the room.
- If you need maximum anonymity, use a new address for each transaction. Some wallets do this automatically.
- Be careful when transferring — a BTC transaction cannot be canceled.
Should a Player Use Bitcoin?
The ability to replenish the account and withdraw money in the rooms using Bitcoins is useful for some players. Mostly those who need to remain anonymous. In addition, cryptocurrency allows you to play in closed markets. However, storing large amounts in bitcoins is not worth it due to high volatility. It is better to keep a few buy-ins in them, and the rest in fiat currencies.
Is It Possible to Win?
At the same time, in gambling rooms, you have to play not against the company or platform itself, but the same players. Accordingly, in such cases, the room performs only the role of the organizer of games and competitions and charges a small fee from the tables for the provision of such services. This system allows us to say that the room is practically not biased about the one who wins because he will receive his rake anyway.
The main difference between poker and other gambling games is that there is a separate class of professional players who earn their living exclusively by playing. It is very difficult to meet a person who could be considered a roulette or betting pro because everything depends on chance, not on skills.
Poker is different in that it allows the player to win not in periods, but over a long distance. At the same time, to make money on this game, you need to treat it not as entertainment, but as a difficult, relevant job. Of course, it is impossible to generate potential income here. However, when playing poker for Bitcoin, you can also capitalize on the volatility of cryptocurrency rates, since crypto-assets can significantly increase in value while staying on your gaming account.