Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS 2021 Exam) is one of the premier institutes of India offering world-class MBA/PGDM courses. Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC) conducts the NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) for admission into MBA/PGDM courses offered by NMIMS and other top institutes accepting NMAT scores.
More than 37+ B-schools and 10+ colleges located outside India accept NMAT scores. This year the NMAT 2021 exam is scheduled to be held from October 14, 2021, to December 27, 2021. Let’s have a look and understand why NMAT is worth giving.
NMAT 2021: Pattern and Syllabus
GMAC has revised the NMAT pattern from 2020. As per the modified exam pattern, each of the three sections will have 36 questions carrying one mark each.
- Quantitative Skills: The syllabus includes Mensuration, Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Data Interpretation.
- Logical reasoning: The syllabus includes Statements-Assumptions-Arguments, Critical Reasoning, Puzzles, Ranking, Seating Arrangement, Syllogisms, and Blood relations.
- Language Skills: The syllabus includes Fill in the blanks, Para Jumbles, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Para Completion, and Reading Comprehension Passages.
The total duration of the test will be 120 minutes, and it will be conducted in the Online-Computer based mode only. There will be MCQ type questions only, and the candidates need to choose from 5 options. There will be a total of 108 questions in all three sections combined. The candidates need to answer 36 questions of Language Skills in 28 minutes, 36 questions of Quantitative Skills in 52 minutes and 36 questions of Logical Reasoning in 40 minutes.
NMAT 2021 Exam Schedule
The registration for NMAT will commence from 3rd August 2021 till 10th November’2021. The candidates can choose their exam dates till 17th November 2021. The NMAT 2021 will be conducted between 14th October’2021 and 27th December’2021. The results of NMAT 2021 will be declared within 48 hours of taking the test. The candidates have the option of downloading the scorecards from the GMAC website till 31st March 2022. Here are the essential updates regarding NMAT 2021 exam:
- Two Testing Options: The candidates can take NMAT 2021 from the comfort of their home, along with an option to choose a Centre-based online exam as well.
- Larger Testing Window: Now, the candidates can schedule their exams in 75 days window.
- Larger Registration Window: The candidates can register anytime in the span of 3 months.
- Fewer Questions with same Test duration: Now NMAT 2021 has 108 questions instead of 108 to be answered in 120 minutes only.
- Equal weightage for all sections: No negative marking, and all three areas to have equal weightage in NMAT 2021.
- Instant Results for NMAT 2021: The candidates can view their scorecards within 48 hours of the exam this time.
- Choice of the order of sections: The candidates can choose their ranking, only once, of attempting the three areas on NMAT 2021.
NMAT 2021 Marking Scheme
GMAC has given the candidates to appear three times for the NMAT 2021 to improve their scores for their dream management institute. The candidates should know the marking scheme thoroughly before starting their preparation. Kindly find the table which gives you a fair idea of the marking scheme of NMAT 2021.
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS
- Each correct answer for the MCQ type question of NMAT carries three marks.
- There is no negative marking in case of an incorrect answer.
- The Unattempted questions will not attract any negative marking.
- The Candidates can review their solutions at the end of each section and re-attempt these questions if required.
Q. What makes NMAT better than other Management Entrance Exams and the career options after clearing NMAT 2021?
GMAC conducts the NMAT 2021 and gives lots of advantages to the candidates who aspire to get selected in a premier B-School of India and the World. Let’s take a look at them point-wise:
- Test from Home or Exam Center: NMAT 2021 has a unique option to select candidates to take the exam. The candidates can choose to give NMAT 2021 from the comfort of their homes. NMAT 2021 also offers opportunities to choose the examination center for passing the exam if the candidate does not have proper internet bandwidth.
- Option to Re-attempt in the same year: The candidates can give three attempts for the NMAT exam, unlike other entrance exams conducted once a year only. They need to have at least a 15 days gap between two successive attempts.
- Instant Scorecard view: The candidates do not have to wait for 20 to 30 days to get the entrance exam results. NMAT 2021 provides the scorecard of the candidates within 48 hours of giving the test.
- Option to choose Sequence of Sections: The candidates are free to select the sequence of sections they wish to give the NMAT 2021.
- Less number of questions: The candidates only need to attempt 108 questions in 120 minutes. Earlier, the candidates used to have 180 to 210 minutes duration of tests. The candidates are supposed to write an essay and attempt MCQs also.
Career Options after NMAT 2021
Lucrative career options await the candidates who can clear the NMAT 2021. NMAT 2021’s acceptability is on the rise, and many top-notch institutes have started accepting the NMAT 2021 all over the world. Prominent Institutes among them are:
- In INDIA: NMIMS only accepts the NMAT scores for taking admissions into its prestigious MBA/MBA-HR/MBA Analytics & Data Sciences, MBA in Pharmaceutical Management and PGDM Program.
- Indian School of Business’s Advanced Management Program in Business Analytics.
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad
- Chitkara University
- IILM University
- In South Africa: Gordon Institute of Business Sciences, North-West University, Johannesburg Business School, University of Johannesburg, Rhodes Business School, Nelson Mandela University Business School
- In the Philippines: Asian Institute of Management, De La Salle University, Ateneo Graduate School of Business, St. Paul University Manila.
- In Nigeria: Lagos Business School, Lead City’s University, Covenant University, Caleb University.
Stay connected with the our Education Blog