There can be many reasons to delete a Telegram account. If you find your data leakage, spying on, or being hacked you should probably delete your account to save your private data. But before deleting, you should know that it is not possible to recover any of your messages, group chats, channels, or contacts if you proceed.
Therefore your decision should be permanent, as there is no way back. Here I am sharing different ways that will help you to delete your Telegram account permanently.
Unfortunately, there is no self-destruction option that allows the user to delete a Telegram account permanently in the app. But you can delete it if you do not log in for a long time without showing any activity. If a user is inactive for a particular period, then they might lose their data.
Steps to perform
- Open your Telegram and go to settings. In the settings menu, scroll down and click on the “Privacy and Security” option to proceed.
- Here, choose an option that says “Delete my account if away for”, and select the duration i.e. 1 month, 3 months, and so on.
If you stop using Telegram till the chosen period, then your account will delete permanently. However, this is the best option because if you changed your mind, you can anytime login back into your Telegram account.
Deleting Your Telegram Account By Using A Web Browser
We have already mentioned that there is no option to delete your telegram account instantly. However, you have seen the self-destructive way to delete your account by not logging in for at least one month. But by doing this method, you can delete your Telegram account within a few minutes that too permanently. All you have to do is open any web browser as per your convenience and follow each step carefully. Don’t forget any step as it may interrupt future Processes. Go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Launch any browser on your system.
- Here start searching for Telegram Deactivation Page from where you can deactivate your account.
- You can do this on your mobile phone or your laptop whichever device you want.
- In the next step, you will see a sign-in page. You have to sign in to your telegram account using the same mobile number which you always use to log in. Do not forget to put your country code, followed by your mobile number.
- Once you enter your mobile number, you will receive a message in your telegram app. You will get an OTP on your inserted mobile number. So, once you have received an alphanumeric message.
- Put your alphanumeric code in the assigned field and tap on the “Sign in” option.
- Now, a new page will open. Here you will be asked the reason why you are deactivating your Telegram Account. Put your reason or leave it blank according to your choice.
- Tap on Done. Telegram will ask one more time not to delete your account and stay connected to the service. But if you are sure and do not want to change your decision, click on the Yes, delete my account, button.
And that’s it. The system will delete your account, and you will be no longer a user of telegram.
Note: – If you want to open a new telegram account using the same number, then you have to wait for a few days. After some period, you are allowed to rejoin the telegram.
Deleting the telegram is a very easy process much more similar to other apps. It is better to deactivate your account rather than hand over your data to some hackers. You can use both ways to delete your Telegram account. The first method takes some time and the second one is the fastest and takes a few minutes.
The choice is yours. I hope you like this article and have also shared it with your friends. If you are facing any sort of issue while following the above methods to delete the Telegram account let us know in the below comment section. We are here to help you.