Marvin JERNIDIER, former Google strategist and business owner of MJ Metrix, shares some tips with us.
The Rise of Automation
The rise of automation is one of the most talked-about topics in the world of work today. With robots becoming increasingly capable of doing jobs that were once thought to be exclusively human, many people are concerned about their future job security.
While it is true that automation will lead to some job losses, it is also important to remember that it will create new jobs as well. In fact, a recent study by the McKinsey Global Institute found that automation could create up to 2.7 million new jobs in the United States by 2030.
Tactics for Workers
The key for workers to avoid being replaced by robots is to focus on developing skills that are complementary to automation. These skills include creativity, problem-solving, and social intelligence. Workers who can demonstrate these skills will be in high demand in the future, as they will be able to work alongside robots to create new and innovative products and services.
Here are some tips on how to avoid being replaced by a robot at work:
- Become a specialist. Robots are good at repetitive tasks, but they are not as good at tasks that require creativity, problem-solving, or social interaction. If you can become an expert in a particular field, you will be less likely to be replaced by a robot.
- Develop soft skills. Robots are not good at understanding emotions or making connections with people. If you can develop strong communication, interpersonal, and emotional intelligence skills, you will be more valuable to your employer.
- Stay up-to-date with technology. As technology advances, robots will become more capable of doing jobs that are currently done by humans. To stay ahead of the curve, you need to be constantly learning and developing new skills.
- Be adaptable. The world of work is changing rapidly, and you need to be prepared to change with it. If you are not willing to adapt to new technologies and ways of working, you will be at risk of being replaced by a robot.
- Be proactive. Don’t wait for your employer to come to you with a plan for how to deal with automation. Take the initiative and start thinking about how you can future-proof your career.
- Be positive. Automation can be a scary prospect, but it also presents opportunities. If you embrace change and focus on your strengths, you can thrive in a world with robots.
It is important to remember that robots are not a threat to humans. They are simply tools that can be used to make our lives easier and more efficient. If we use them wisely, they can help us to create a better future for everyone.
In addition to the tips above, there are a number of other things you can do to prepare for the future of work in a world with robots. These include:
- Network with other professionals in your field. This will help you to stay up-to-date on the latest trends and developments in your industry.
- Attend conferences and workshops. This is another great way to learn about new technologies and how they can be used to improve your work.
- Take online courses. There are many online courses available that can teach you new skills and help you to stay ahead of the curve.
- Start your own business. If you are concerned about your job security, you may want to consider starting your own business. This will give you the freedom to work on your own terms and avoid competition from robots.
The future of work is uncertain, but it is clear that automation will play a major role in the years to come. By following the tips above, you can prepare yourself for the future and avoid being replaced by a robot.