In case you are amidst a dilemma of making the perfect choice for starting your career or getting into a profession, the industry of hospitality and tourism is the excellent choice you must consider.
Career opportunities in the hospitality and tourism industry are growing at a steady rate and providing immense opportunities for the rightly eligible individual. The hospitality industry is observing a continuous evolution and boom in the sector.
One way through which you can achieve a reputed position in the hospitality industry is by pursuing a diploma in hospitality (COURSE CODE SIT50416 | CRICOS CODE 097988D) course. You can gain a recognized qualification through the hospitality courses in Perth and go rocking in the hospitality industry around the globe.
What actually the hospitality and tourism industry is?
The hospitality and tourism industry is a combination of many other sub-sectors in itself. The learners of diploma in hospitality management can find themselves open to many sub-sectors of the hospitality industry which includes the following list as a part of this industry…
- Food and beverage management in nightclubs, food trucks, catering services, franchises, restaurants, etc.
- Tourism planning management including tour packages, excursions, destination management
- Accommodation management for resorts, camping, hotels, vacation rentals, and much more.
- Event management for festivals, fashion shows, conferences, concerts, etc.
- Travel management for cruise ships, charters, private jets, and airlines
- Sports and recreational management activities for retail, rentals, international competitions, and private clubs.
Growth in the hospitality and tourism industry…
Looking at the overall GDP and employment rate growth, we can conclude that the tourism and hospitality industry is one of the strongest among all the other sectors throughout the globe. The World Travel and tourism council’s 2017 report shows the following data for the year 2016-17 about the growth and demand in the hospitality and tourism sector…
- Job sustainment for about 292 million
- More than 6 million net additional jobs throughout 185 countries
- 1 out of 10 jobs in the hospitality industry form the global economy
- More than 7.6 Trillion US$ form the global GDP of 10.2%
What are the main factors that drive the hospitality and tourism industry?
There are basically, four very essential drivers for the growth of revenue predicted for the airlines, hotels, travel and tourism, and restaurant businesses. These are:
- New Money: The worldwide voyager pool is developing by millions consistently with new buyers from rising and created markets with developing dispensable wages.
- Business Travel: The worldwide economy is solid and the business head out is anticipated to develop by more than 6-7 percent in recent years.
- Affordable airfare: Airfare costs proceed with fall empowering more travel and leaving more cash on the table for different areas.
- Focus on experiences: Purchasers are spending more on amusement, travel, and eating out, and less on material merchandise.
Benefits that arise from the hospitality industry include…
Increasingly more secondary school graduates and school-taught grown-ups are finding the advantages of a vocation in the hospitality industry. Without a doubt, neighborliness and the board vocations offer a fun and testing workplace, they make it conceivable to travel and work in urban areas around the globe, and they open workers of the industry to a wide range of individuals and societies.
Furthermore, there are other, increasingly authentic motivations to pick a diploma of hospitality course: it’s a developing work part that offers great security and chances to progress in a profession for what’s to come.
The following reasons justify your choice of making an excellent career through hospitality courses in Adelaide…
Opportunities begin at the entry level:
It’s disappointing to find that you can’t find a new job without experience when you obviously can’t find experience without a job. Dissimilar to numerous industries that require years of experience in any event, for low-level positions, the hospitality business offers a wide scope of professional alternatives for moderately unpractised people with the best possible training.
Since it frequently values a solid hard working attitude, a devotion to quality help, and a friendly character more than long stretches of experience, the hospitality industry is overflowing with open doors for new graduates.
The requirement of transferable skills in the hospitality industry:
There are different sub-sectors within the hospitality industry itself such as that traveling, accommodation, events, hotel management, and much more, the learners can find the best sector to work in according to their choice of preference, skills, and interest. They can also lend their services with their skills to the sector with the most demand and high pay scales.
The different skills taught in the diploma of hospitality courses include teamwork, discipline, work ethic, financial management, operational and critical creative thinking skills, cultural and language skills, managerial skills, and much more. All of these acquired skills can help an individual to easily be able to make a shift in the industry from hospitality to technology or luxury or financial services. The stream of choice widens with the hospitality courses in Perth.
Careers in hospitality management cannot be occupied by robots:
The hospitality industry requires skills with critical and creative thinking. Robots do not have the ability to think on their own. The job in the hospitality industry includes tasks that require very unpredictable decision-making and management which cannot be performed by robots.
Hence, it is very beneficial for individuals looking up towards making a career in the hospitality industry as it always requires manpower for the operations. The hospitality industry also requires great relationship-building capabilities which can only be done by humans and not robots. Taking care of the personalized needs of the customers and understanding their choice and preferences cannot be done by machines.
Continuing with the benefits provided by the hospitality industry would lead to endless discussion. If you are looking for a career that is interesting and exciting at the same time and has a great future scope irrespective of the country and region, get yourself enrolled in the diploma of hospitality course and step onto a flourishing career.