Netgear is a brand which mainly provides router and extender devices to access the internet. Netgear devices are widely used in the United States. Most of the users use the internet in daily life at their home. They mainly need the WiFi network to connect with Laptop, Mobile, Computer etc.
For using the WiFi they also need the router device and Netgear is one of the top brands. Sometimes users have trouble accessing the internet with netgear devices. Now we are here to provide some informational steps to resolve the netgear router issues while you are accessing your internet.
Access the Internet with Netgear Router?
If you are not able to access the Internet on your Netgear router login page, follow these steps:
1. Disconnect your router and connect your computer directly to your modem.
2. Make sure that all cables attached to the router and computer are secure.
3. Check whether the Internet LED is ON. If it is not ON, go through the user manual to troubleshoot the light status.
4. If you still cannot log in to the router, perform a factory reset.
Why Is routerlogin.net Not Working?
routerlogin.net is an official webpage of the NETGEAR router. It is used to log into the NETGEAR nighthawk Account. Users can access routerlogin.net through the default IP address 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1. But sometimes users can face issues to log into this webpage. Here are the steps to resolve the same:
1. Make sure the entered URL is correct.
2. Try clearing the cache and cookies of the browser. If the issue persists, change the browser.
3. Check whether you can connect the router with a wired connection.
If you still cannot log into routerlogin.net, then get help from the support team.
Not Able to Find IP Address in the Netgear Smart Wizard
If the Smart Wizard of your NETGEAR router is not able to find the IP address, try these steps:
1. Restart the modem as well as the router once.
2. Select the Smart Wizard Test button to access the NETGEAR online test page.
3. If you can view the page displays, it means you have Internet access.
4. If the page does not display, see the topic How to Access the Internet with NETGEAR Router?
5. You can confirm whether the router gets a valid IP address by accessing the Router Status option.
6. For more information, see the user manual provided with your router.
How To Perform a Factory Reset on Router?
The following are the steps to perform a factory reset on your NETGEAR router:
1. Make sure that the power light of your router is ON.
2. Locate the Reset button present on the back of the router.
3. Press and hold the Reset button for about seven seconds.
4. Release the Reset button to reset your router.
Note: When you log in back to your router, make sure you enter the default login credentials:
1. Username: admin
2. Password: password
How to Change the Admin Password on Netgear Nighthawk Router?
To change the admin password on your NETGEAR router:
1. Open a web browser either from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your router’s network.
2. Enter the URL: http routerlogin net or type 192.168.1.250.
3. A login page will be displayed. Enter the credentials – user name and password.
Note: The default credentials are:
• Username: admin
• Password: password.
4. Now navigate to ADVANCED > Administration > Set Password.
5. Enter the old password and then enter the new password twice.
6. If you want to recover your password in the future, select the Enable Password Recovery option.
7. Finally, click Apply to save your settings.
We understand the criticality of the current situation and hence, in this article, we covered the common issues faced by the Wi-Fi router users and covered their solutions. We hope the steps mentioned above will resolve your queries. For more information we are come up with solutions to more issues.