Follow the tips given in this post to get the best performance for your Netgear N600 WiFi extender.
Select a Higher Location for your Netgear N600 Extender
To make the most out of your Netgear N600 extender, place it openly on higher shelf. Doing so will help you getting the desired internet range everywhere in your house no matter where you are, in terrace garden, backyard or courtyard.
Place your Netgear N600 Extender near to your Router
This is also one of the essential points to consider to get the best performance of your Netgear extender. All you have to do that during Netgear extender setup, place your N600 to a place where it is receiving 50 percent of your existing router’s WiFi signals.
How far should I place My Netgear Extender from My Router?
After setting up Netgear extender, you must not exceed the limit of your router’s WiFi network. Both of them should be placed within the range of each other. Your router’s WiFi signal plays a very important role. So, for multiplying the router’s WiFi signal, extender comes into action.
For instance, if your place your router in the lobby, plug in your Netgear extender in the living room or in an area where it is getting uninterrupted router’s range.
In this way, you can get the extended range of the internet into the desired areas of your home.
Switch to a Different Channel
Most WiFi routers and Netgear extenders work on the same channel. For example, channel 1, 6, and 11 are commonly used and known as most loaded channels. So, in order to improve your extender’s performance, switch to a different channel that is less-congested.
Disable Extender’s WiFi Network
Heavy traffic on your extender’s WiFi network can also dampen its performance. So, to avoid this to be happen, disable your extender’s WiFi name. Doing so will improve your extender’s performance up to 10 percent.
Change the Netgear Extender’s Password
If you have or haven’t changed the Netgear extender login credentials, in both cases, we suggest you to change them right away. That is for 2 reasons:
- First, the default login credentials are very easy to hack.
- Second, if you have spread your extender’s password, then note this down, whenever that person come in contact with your extender’s WiFi network, he/ she will connect automatically.
To prevent this, change the N600 login credentials mywifiext.net.
Relocate your Netgear Extender
The following points will help you increasing your extender’s performance up to 30 percent.
- Place your Netgear N600 extender at the center location of your house.
- Also, choose a place in your home for Netgear N600 extender that is away from public WiFi, kitchen appliances, baby monitors, electronic gadgets, Bluetooth devices, cordless phones, etc.
Apply this step and let us know that how much it has helped you out in improving your extender’s performance.
The Last Resort
To get the most out of your Netgear extender, you must set of up using the correct configuration steps.
For Netgear N600 extender setup, follow the steps given-below.
- Plug in your Netgear N600 extender near to your WiFi router.
- Connect them both via Ethernet cable.
- Open a browser of your choice on a PC or laptop.
- Enter mywifiext in its address bar.
- Netgear extender installation page displays.
- Enter the Netgear N600 extender’s login credentials into the required fields.
- Click on Log In.
- Walk through the on-screen instructions and complete the Netgear N600 setup process with ease.
In a Nutshell
Follow the steps given in this post and get the best performance for your Netgear N600 WiFi extender. Besides, you can also share your feedback regarding the post and which step has helped you out. You can do that simply via comments.