When Yahoo and AT&T started their operations together, they merged their existing accounts. If a user had an account on both platforms, their accounts were merged into a single one. So, that might not be favorable for most of us as we like to keep our accounts separate.
And if you don’t know that you have a merged account or not, then you can read these things to get an idea.
You are able to sign in to your AT&T account with Yahoo login credentials and vice versa. You are getting the messages of both Yahoo and AT&T on a single platform. And most importantly, you are able to use the same password for both accounts. It means that you have a merged yahoo and AT&T account.
But there is nothing to worry about; it’s easy to separate my Yahoo email from AT&T by following a few simple steps.
What does Will Happen to AT&T Yahoo Mail?
Well, if you unmerge both accounts, you will be able to use only one account. Once the process is complete, you won’t be able to use both accounts.
So, if you are looking to keep both accounts, you should not unmerge.
Steps to Unmerge AT&T Yahoo Mail
Now, we will look at the steps you need to take to unmerge ATT Yahoo mail. Follow the steps:
- Go to Google and search for the official AT&T login link and open it.
- Once the AT&T official website is open, click on the Sign In button from the top right corner of the page.
- Now, enter the username and password of your AT&T account in the login form and click on the Sign In button.
- Once the account is open, click on the Profile button located under the MY ATT section from the top navigation bar.
- Now, click on the Account Profile link located under the AT&T Email Accounts section.
- Navigate to the User information tab from the next page and then select the Delete Account option. And the Delete Account is located on the right side of the page.
- After a few seconds, a Delete Account confirmation pop-up will appear. Click on the OK button from the pop-up to confirm the action.
Once that is done, and you’ve deleted the AT&T account, you can proceed to the Yahoo account login link to unmerge. Yes, there are a few steps more to separate the Yahoo account from AT&T.
- Open the Yahoo sign-in page on your browser and then enter the same credentials to log in to the account.
- Now, you will see an unmerge option from the bottom of the page. If you want to keep using the yahoo account separately, you will have to click on that.
- Click the Unmerge option and then confirm it to remove AT&T permanently from your Yahoo account.
That’s it; you’ve completed the procedure to separate the Yahoo account from AT&T without any hassle. However, if you are in any trouble again, log on to onlinegeeks.net. You will find some useful content on the blog.