HP printers are known for their versatility. You can use them in several ways. For the users who want to connect their printer wirelessly to a network, in today’s blog, we will tell you how to connect an HP printer to WI-FI.
Methods to connect HP printer to WI-FI
Connect without a router
- Go to the printer’s control panel and turn on the WI-FI direct. You can turn it on either by touching the wireless icon that is there on the printer’s control panel or go to the wireless settings menu to turn on the connection.
- Now connect to WI-FI directly on your computer or phone.
- You will need to enter a password in case you are using the WI-FI direct on security for your printer.
- Next click on the document that you want to print from the file option and then click on print.
- You can also just click on print from the app menu if you are using a mobile phone.
Using HP printer auto wireless connect
- Install the software and run it for your specific printer model. You can install it by the instructions given on the screen.
- Next, turn it on and connect the printer to the computer. Run the software afterward.
- Configure the settings to choose “yes, send my wireless settings to the printer”. You can change the network too if you want to.
- Click on “finish” to complete it once your printer is connected.
Using HP printer wireless setup wizard
- Take out and disconnect all the USB cables.
- Now press the wireless icon on your printer to go to the Network menu.
- Select the wireless settings from there and then select the wireless setup wizard.
- Find your network, enter the WPA key, and click on ok to finish.
- Noy you can try to print a test page on HP Printer.
You can use these steps to connect your printer to WI-FI.