Tweeting has become quite common these days. People tweet about everything that is happening around the globe which is why Twitter has seen a significant rise in its popularity.
In case you need to pick one of your old tweets for a special occasion or just to reminisce the good old days, we are here with the blog that will tell you how to search for tweets by date and other filters without much fuss.
Ways on How to Lookup Old Tweets
Using Twitter advanced search
- Log in to your Twitter account and then visit the advanced search page of Twitter using this link, https://twitter.com/search-advanced.
- You will now need to enter the username with @ as a prefix under the people subheading into the “from these accounts” option.
- Now, from the dates section, select the start and end dates for your search.
- Once you click on the search button, Twitter will show you all of the top tweets from that period.
- If you need to see all of the tweets from that period, click on the latest tab, and all the tweets will appear from that period.
- In case you do not remember the period of your tweet, you can try to use some of its content if you remember it under the words tab in the search bar.
Using Twitter to get a complete archive of your tweets
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://twitter.com/settings/account.
- Under the content section, you will need to click on the “Request your archive” button.
- This may take a few minutes, hours, or even days depending upon how large the archive is. You will receive a notification when it’s done, then you will need to enter this link, https://twitter.com/settings/account, and click on “download archive” that is just under the “download your data” section.
- You need to make sure of the fact that your email address is up to date while you are doing this. Apart from a notification, Twitter will also send you a download link to your mail.
- You will receive the tweets in a zip file and you will have two ways in which you can download the file.
- You can click on the index.html to directly view your file in your web browser and can browse tweets by month.
- In case you want to browse your tweets in a detailed manner, you can simply download
the twitter.csv file and can view it in any spreadsheet program.
By the use of an app to see everything that you have posted on Twitter
- Open your web browser and enter this link, https://www.allmytweets.net/ to sign in on this platform using your Twitter account.
- In the next window, you will need to fill out the username whose older tweets you need to look at.
- The loading of your tweets might take some time depending upon the number of tweets but eventually, you will be presented with all of the tweets of that user in chronological order. All of these tweets will appear on a single web page.
- You can use the checkboxes that are available on the top of your web page to hide replies and retweets. Make note of the fact to be very careful when you are checking and unchecking as if too many tweets are loaded in one go, the app will start from scratch.
These are some of the best ways that you can use to find tweets by date or any other filters with relative ease. For more info, you can access the Getassist.net website.