In addition to being a well-known Gastroenterologist, Dr. Rajesh Puri is also a trained Endocrinologist and a Gold Medal Awardee by the honorable President of India. Currently appointed as Director of Institute of Digestive and Hepatobiliary Sciences at Medanta Hospital, Dr. Rajesh has an extensive experience of more than two decades.He was the first doctor to establish Endoscopic Ultrasound in North India and also train other doctors to expand its use to other regions.
Dr. Rajesh is not only known for providing spot on treatment but also for having detailed conversations with his patients. He instills optimism and confidence in the patients that boosts their recovery.
- Pioneer in Endoscopic Ultrasonography
- Received Young Investigator Award – APDW (Asian Pacific Digestive Week) – 2007
- Received Gold Medal during DNB Gastroenterology by Honorable President of India – 2001
Medical School – Dr. Rajesh Puri completed MBBS from Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur in 1994.
Post Graduation – He further did specialization in General Medicine from Dr. Sampurnanand Medical College, Jodhpur in 1997.
Specialized training –
He also did DNB in Gastroenterology from the National Board of Examination in 2001.
Previous Work Experience:
1997 – 1999: Senior Registrar at DDU Hospital, New Delhi.
1999 – 2001: Senior Registrar at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
2001 – 2009: Consultant at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
2009 – 2015: Associate Director at Medanta – The Medicity
2015 – 2016: Director at Medanta – The Medicity, till date
Dr. Rajesh puri is a permanent member of several esteemed organizations related to healthcare in India such as:
- Member of Asian EUS Group.
- Member of Governing Council of SGEI
Some Words by Dr. Puri’s Patients
Here are some reviews by the patients of Dr. Rajesh Puri, who have had treatment from him:
- “Very confident and helpful person , gives his best to each patient and gives complete satisfaction to the patient and their family.”
- “Today was my first meeting with him….. He listened to my problem very patiently and assured me of my well being….. As per the first hand experience it was very satisfactory.”
Some Common Procedures done by Dr. Rajesh Puri
Endosonography – This is a procedure in which the doctor inserts an endoscope into the body. An endoscope is a tube which has a light and a lens for clear view. There is a probe at the end of the endoscope, which is used to bounce high-energy sound waves to produce a picture.
Variceal Sclerotherapy – Sclerotherapy that is done to treat esophageal varices to stop esophageal bleeding by using an endoscope and injecting sclerosing solution into veins.
Whipple surgery – This is a complex procedure done to remove the head of the pancreas, the first part of the small intestine, gallbladder, and bile duct. This surgery is performed to treat tumors, disorders of pancreas, intestine and bile duct. After the surgery is done, the surgeon reconnects the remaining organs, for the patients to be able to digest food normally.
The most commonly occuring GI Tract Illnesses
Irritable Bowel Syndrome – This is a frequently occurring disorder affecting the large intestine. This is manifested as cramping, abdominal pain, bloating gas, diarrhea or constipation.
Ulcerative Colitis – This is an inflammatory bowel disease that causes ulcers or sores in the digestive tract. It affects the innermost lining of the large intestine and rectum. The signs and symptoms include diarrhea, abdominal pain, cramps, rectal bleeding, weight loss, fatigue, fever, etc.
A brief about Medanta Hospital
- Medanta hospital is located in New Delhi, the national capital of India and lies amongst the largest hospitals in India.
- The hospital has more than 1500 beds and covers almost 22 specialites.
- It boasts of its state-of-the-art and high quality treatment at affordable costs.
Medanta hospital caters to an average of 20,000 international patients each year from more than 15 countries across the globe.