Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Navision is a popular range of enterprise resource planning solutions that Microsoft Corporation has designed for companies. Enterprise resource planning (ERP) refers to software systems that companies use to automate, streamline, monitor, and manage their internal activities. These include manufacturing, production, raw material procurement, inventory management, sales, logistics, customer relations, finance, and human resource development. ERP systems allow companies to simplify the flow of information between different departments by creating a centralized database. This enables companies to improve the organizational efficiency of their supply chain operations over others. As a result, they are able to provide better services to their customers in the market and meet their expectations.
Navision ERP System– How Does it Work to Improve the Efficiency of Companies’ Supply Chain?
Companies install and operate a Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform to enhance the organizational efficiency of their supply chains. This cloud-based ERP software system achieves this objective in the following ways:
- It collects huge volumes of information which different departments generate in the course of conducting their activities,
- The ERP system then stores this data in an in-built central repository where only authorized employees as managers can access it,
- It has an internal mechanism which issues error messages to prevent operators recording the same information twice,
- By activating user-friendly business intelligent features, managers can analyze the data relating to the workflow of their departments,
- The ERP system enables them to identify inefficient areas within their respective departments and take the necessary corrective measures,
- Managers can instantly generate relevant performance reports of respective departments with this ERP system for the companies’ owners, and
- Owners can then take decisions by studying and scrutinizing the performance reports which the Navision ERP system generates.
Advantages of Microsoft Dynamics NAV for companies
Companies operating the Microsoft Dynamics NAV system to automate their business processes enjoy the following advantages:
- This ERP system provides companies with a single integrative platform to manage and prioritize workflow across different departments,
- Microsoft Dynamics is versatile and compatible enough to integrate with other popular business software systems businesses might be using;
- This ERP system is so easy to operate that employees with hardly any technical expertise can work on it,
- The ERP system allows companies to access relevant information relating to their business processes to make better decisions, and
- The ERP system is scalable to meet the demands of companies expanding their commercial operations.
By installing and operating the Navision ERP system, companies can look to improve the organizational efficiency of their supply chains. It provides them with an integrative platform to automate, manage, and prioritize the workflow across different departments. Companies can analyze vast volumes of information and reports relating to their business processes in order to make decisive decisions. The ERP system is also compatible enough to work smoothly with other popular business software applications companies might be using. Moreover, employees with no technical expertise and skill can operate the ERP system without any difficulties. Above all, the ERP system is scalable to meet the growing expansion needs of companies.