Milk and its importance couldn’t be beaded into one string. Milk offers significant advantages to the human body and if it’s cow milk, then you are taking a glass full of nutrients. However, it not only benefits milk offers, but there are numerous limitations as well. Whether its farm fresh milk or from any other source, there are merits and demerits of this white beverage.
If we talk about nutritional factor in cow’s milk, a glass of 100g milk is composed of
- 87 g of water
- 3 g of protein
- 4 g of fat (approx. 50% of which is made up of saturated fatty acids like palmitic acid, about 25% is unsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid, and the rest is polyunsaturated fatty acids like linoleic acid)
- 5 g of carbohydrate (primarily lactose)
- Vitamins like A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, biotin, folic acid, B12, C, D, E, and K.
- It offers minerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride.
- Trace elements like iron, copper, zinc, manganese, fluoride, and iodine.
Cow’s milk is a nutritional beverage, however, there are many reasons which go against this white stuff from allergies to skin and body to lactose intolerance. Below are some of the limitations of the heavy consumption of cow’s milk.
- Expert says, drinking too much milk isn’t good for health. Several studies have suggested that heavy consumption of milk may result in acne. It can also increase the risk of ovarian and prostate cancer. Many believe that women drinking more milk have higher bone density, however, there is no scientific evidence behind this fact.
- Sometimes certain proteins in the milk might cause allergies. Allergens in milk include casein, alpha-lactalbumin, and beta-lactoglobulin.
What are the best alternatives for Cow’s milk?
So far, we have discussed the good and bad of cow milk. For people who are looking for the best alternatives to dairy milk, we have come up with all the options here. Coconut Milk, Soy Milk, Almond Milk, and Oat Milk are regarded as high-end alternatives to natural cow milk. Let us discuss all of them one by one.
Milk delivery in Gurgaon will only offer Cow or Buffalo milk. This is because only a few are aware of the fact that Oat Milk does not contain Lactose or Milk protein. Oats are high on fiber due to which your stomach is filler relatively quickly, therefore, Oat milk for old aged people is a nice alternative beverage.
Easily available in the supermarket, Coconut milk is rich in magnesium, potassium, and iron. It also contains lauric acid which is a rare fatty acid that is good for energizing your body and could be easily absorbed.
The small-sized coconut is best for coconut milk. A full-sized although comes with high-calorie content and many health benefits, you should opt for the smaller ones.
Finely rugged almonds blended with water make Almond milk. For the ones with a dairy allergy, Almond milk is one of the best alternatives. It is free of allergens and contains neither lactose, soy proteins, nor glutens. Its anti-inflammatory properties make it easy to digest than dairy or organic milk Dwarka.
Soy is considered one of the best sources of protein. Soy milk is a blessing for people who are intolerant to milk protein, lactose, and gluten. It is a good source of protein and essential fatty acids.
However, there are some limitations to the consumption of Soy milk.
It contains isoflavones, which have a chemical structure similar to the hormone estrogen, which our body produces. As a result, drinking Soy milk might lead to adverse effects of estrogen in our body which could be both negative and positive. Therefore, overconsumption of Soy milk can be hazardous and should not be given to infants.
Conclusion: The bottom line is, there are both merits and demerits of consuming Cow’s milk. Fortunately, there are many alternatives available to help your cause. Some of them are mentioned above. While choosing the best alternative, ensure the unsweetened varieties and also avoid added sugar. So go ahead, and make a fair choice in which your body adapts with ease.
Cow milk or it’s alternative? What should you choose as your apt nutritional beverage? Here’s all that you need to know.