While Netgear has made it easier for users to install their Wi-Fi extender. Users sometimes face issues in making their device up and running. Just because you have plugged your Netgear extender into a power outlet. All the LED lights on the device have become green doesn’t mean that you are all set with using the internet on all your WiFi-enabled devices. Instead, there are certain guidelines you need to follow to properly configure your Netgear extender. Let’s delve deep into the process of how to setup mywifiext range extender to access the internet.
Well, before you get started with the configuration process of your Netgear range extender. There are certain requirements that must be handy to get mywifiext setup success. So, let’s first make you familiar with those requirements. So that you can complete the Netgear extender setup process without any hassle.
Prerequisites to Get Mywifiext Setup Success
- Make sure you have access to a working power socket.
- Get access to an Ethernet cable for connecting your router to the extender.
- High-speed internet is needed to configure your Netgear extender.
- Have a computer or laptop handy that is not infected with any viruses.
- Note down the default web address and default credentials on a paper to use the details. When needed while doing the setup process.
- Choose a central location to place the extender. Make sure to keep your extender and router closer especially while configuring the device.
- Make sure the web browser you have installed on your computer is updated to the latest software version. If your current web browser is outdated, either get it updated by going to the settings or switch to another browser that is already up-to-date.
Let’s now get started with the process of Netgear extender setup.
Steps to Configure Mywifiext Range Extender
Once you are all done with taking your extender out of its box and connecting its antennas. You can start the configuration process.
- Plugin the extender to the wall socket near your router and turn the device on.
- Wait for a while or till the time you see that the power light on the extender turns green.
- Once done, connect the extender to your router. We recommend you to connect both the devices using a working cable. Because a Wireless connection can sometimes create issues while doing the extender setup.
- As soon as you are done connecting both your devices. Turn on your computer or laptop, and open an internet browser on it.
- Now, in the address bar of the browser, enter mywifiext.
- net. If you are using a MAC device to do the extender setup process, then mywifiext.local will work for you.
- After entering the address into the respective field, press the Enter key to access the extender login page.
- Reaching here, you need to enter your Netgear extender default username (SSID) and password (Passphrase Key) into their respective fields.
- Once you are all done with entering all the login details, hit the Log In button to proceed further.
- You will be directed to the Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard of your Netgear extender.
- Now, walk towards the settings of your device and locate the list showing available WiFi networks.
- From that, choose the WiFi network that belongs to your router.
- Certain instructions will be flashing on your system’s screen. You are suggested to follow all the instructions carefully for completing the mywifiext configuration process.
Following the steps above, you will be able to make your Netgear extender operational. However, keep in mind to follow the guidelines the same as given here, else you may get entangled in the fuss of Netgear extender not working issue.