Julie Morgan said,” Architecture is a visual art, and the building speaks for themselves.” So the developed world we see today. Also, the hi-tech infrastructure that is growing the world at a rapid pace is nothing but a mind of an architect.
Architects are the designers of structures and buildings. They analyse the suitable directions and angle as to how a particular building will be formed.
Now as we have understood the bottom line of being an architect, the young aspirants may wonder how they could train themselves? One needs to undergo a course of B.Arch or Bachelors of Architecture. So, it is a five-year undergraduate program which teaches the students an in-depth overview of this science. Students are exposed to conceptual training in the 5-year span and provided practical knowledge through internships, live projects, and more.
Important subjects covered in the architecture course.
There are many important subjects in the B.Arch course. Students are taken from basics to advanced level in a step by step fashion. So here is a list of essential subjects:-
2. Costing and Estimation,
3. Architectural Design,
4. Introduction to structure,
5. Urban design, etcetera.
What is the eligibility criteria to participate in the B.Arch program?
To participate in the B.Arch program, students are supposed to fulfil the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the university guidelines. Also for different colleges, it may differ. So here are the common guidelines for the same. Kindly check below:-
1. Students must pass class 12th examination. One must have studied mathematics as a mandatory subject.
2. One must secure a minimum of 50% marks. The one’s falling under the reserved category may be provided with a relaxation of 5%
3. People who have a relevant diploma can also apply for the architecture course.
4. Students may be required to appear for an entrance examination. National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) or the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) examination is a national test for architecture course.
5. So based on one’s performance in the qualifying examination, candidates will be called out for the interview and other finals election process.
Career in Architecture
The scope of architecture in the professional arena is immense. Also as the demand for intelligent infrastructure is growing, there is the demand for polished architecture too. These professionals enter into designing spaces after completion of the program.
On graduating from a B.Arch course, candidates will get numbers of opportunity in this field. It is described below:-
1. Architecture Designer,
2. Project Architect,
3. Interior designer,
4. Urban Planner,
5. Project Manager, etcetera.
The starting salary of an architect is around Rs 4.0 LPA to Rs 5 LPA. On gaining relevant experience, professionals will also experience a rise in their salary.
Apart from the above career paths, students can also opt for opening their own architectural consultation firm.
List of top companies in this field: –
3. Gaursons India,
4. RSP Architects Ltd, etcetera. So those who genuinely wish to become the architects of the future world must undergo this training as you are going to define the design of the future.