Linguine Pasta is by far one of the best kinds of pasta to have in your pantry. On a day you’d like to treat yourself to yummy creamy soul food, always reach back into your pantry and use the de Cecco linguine pasta that you bought online.
What is linguine pasta?
It is absolutely normal for a pasta newbie to mistaken spaghetti or fettuccine as linguine pasta bought online. Yes, they are all long and narrow. However, the one distinction that linguine has is its wider than spaghetti but narrower than fettuccine pasta. The word linguine essentially means little tongues. This pasta originated from the Italian region Liguria, famously close to the ocean and often used to make seafood-based pasta dishes. Traditionally, linguine pasta is paired with pesto sauce. However, it is delicious with any oil-based sauces and fish-based-sauces.
Just last month, and every year on 15th September – Linguine is celebrated all across the world. 15th September is known as National Linguine Day.
Here’s to a wonderful Linguine recipe that you should try:
With the plethora of linguine recipes that one can find online, it can be quite hard to determine a truly Italian recipe. Why not try – Linguine pasta with clams. This uses two of the staples in Liguria, the region famously known for inventing linguine in Italy.
Linguine with Clams
Ingredients for the Dish:
- 12 ounce of linguine pasta – fresh pasta linguine pasta from an online authentically Italian food store.
- Four tablespoons of butter (use more if you’d like – there’s no such thing as too much butter)
- Four minced cloves of garlic (the more, the merrier)
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes – for fresh heat
- Two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Fresh littleneck clams
- Half a cup of dry white wine
- The juice of a lemon
- Ground black pepper
Actually, you can get these ingredients in any marketplace across the globe. However, the truly Italian flavors come through when the products and ingredients used are sourced from Italy itself. If you reside in the USA, you can easily avail of these products on online Italian websites, specifically made to please your desires of making truly Italian cuisine.
Directions for Pasta Recipe
- Firstly, take a large pot of water and boil it with salt. As the water starts to boil and get bubbly, add in the fresh pasta linguine, and cook until the pasta is al dente. All pasta is produced differently containing different ingredients, so the best judge of your pasta being well cooked is yourself. Companies tend to leave instructions about cooking pasta at the backside of the pasta case. Please take a look and follow the instructions for the best results; after that, drain the water.
- While the pasta is still cooking, in a large skillet, over medium-high flame, melt butter and add garlic to it along with crushed red pepper flakes and parsley. Cook this for a minute or until the fragrance dissolves well.
- Now add in the cleaned clams and wine together and leave covered with a tight-fitting lid. Cook this until the clam shells open up, which should take about 10 minutes.
- As a precautionary measure, remove all clams that have no shells open even after 10 minutes. They are dead and spoilt clams and can cause one illness.
- Now add in the squeezed lemon juice and toss the linguine until combined well. Season the pasta with salt and pepper, and you are good to go.
Enjoy this yummy meal on days you need food for your soul! Buy linguine pasta online and stock up!