You don’t need to be told about the advantage of cloud storage solutions. They have been there for a decade and changed the way we store and access data and tools online. Gone are the days when you’d need to carry physical media to share your data with clients or need to be on your workstation to use your tools. You can do all that a much more thanks to clouding storage solutions. They offer you unrestricted access and also protect your data. If you are using Ubuntu as your preferred Operating System, you should opt for dedicated Ubuntu cloud storage.
Choosing Ubuntu cloud storage can be quite a task as there are dozens of service providers. From billion dollar enterprises to startups, you will need to zero in on one objectively. Here’s is a simple guide to choosing the right cloud storage for Ubuntu OS that will help you get quality experience at the right price –
- Popularity – It’s good to be among the initial clients for a cloud storage company but that comes with its own set of risks. This is where you should choose a company that caters to a large audience. When there are millions of users subscribing to a service this is testimony to their professionalism and technology. You don’t want to be using a cloud storage that you can’t access when you need or that doesn’t have well-defined safety features to protect your privacy and data.
- Desktop Client – It is important for you to ensure that the Ubuntu cloud storage solution you are choosing comes with an advanced desktop client. This not only ensures that your files and tools are stored securely on the cloud but allows you complete control over all the files that would be stored. A desktop client automatically updates your data on the cloud server and also offers you the benefit of file versioning.
- Pricing – This is something that will surely be on your mind when you are choosing Ubuntu cloud storage. You can’t be choosing those services that promise to offer you storage for free with little clarity on the safety and security of your data, nor do you need storage solutions that come for a premium price tag. You need to choose a company that offers you different plans to find one suiting your needs. There are service providers who would offer free plans with a data storage capping. You can try these plans before opting for their premium plans.
- Scalability – Your needs grow with time and hence you should be choosing a service provider that offers you scalable solution. For instance you may opt for 250 GB of storage space that would serve you well for the moment but in case you are a creator, animator or artist you might need more storage space in the future. This is where you must opt for a service provider that can accommodate professional needs.
- Support Services – It doesn’t take much to build and launch a cloud storage service. However, what sets apart the best from the average service providers is the kind of support services they offer. Will they respond to your query on time? Will they offer support when needed? You can know this by communicating with them before signing up. A company that doesn’t respond to you now is not likely to respond when you are in trouble!
When you keep these things in mind you will be able to choose the right Ubuntu cloud storage and enjoy seamless experience across multiple devices. The world has moved to the cloud and you should follow suit to protect your data and tools and access them anywhere without any restrictions.
Summary – In this write-up we look at some of the things you must keep in mind when it comes to choosing Ubuntu cloud storage services.