Do you want to build your self-defense skills? Consider Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. This martial arts style focuses on ground self-defense, which means facing your opponent from the ground.
Fights often end up on the ground so if you are skilled in Jiu-Jitsu, chances are, you will already have an edge against your opponent. Stand-up martial arts are great as well but Brazilian or Gracie Jiu-Jitsu offers several advantages, and here are some of them:
- Skill comes first. In other forms of self-defense or fight strategies, size and strength are crucial to winning. If you are bigger than your opponent, you have greater or at least good chances of winning the fight. With Jiu-Jitsu, it does not work that way. Regardless of the size or build of your body, you can have good chances of beating your opponent as long as you are highly-skilled. You may seem weaker outside, but you can come out victorious with your fighting techniques.
- Designed for all. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu does not have a specific body type or age requirements. You can be 40 or 50 and still learn this martial arts technique. If you want, you can even learn it with your children. Jiu-Jitsu is for everyone, no matter your gender. Even those who are deemed at a physical advantage can learn and make the most from it. Martial arts may seem to be dominated by males, but that is not the case with Jiu-Jitsu. Everyone is welcome to study and practice it.
- Helps relieve stress. Stress is not something you can run away from. It arises daily and sometimes, it may feel too much to handle. Even so, you need to face it head-on. If you want a breather or some form of relaxation to cope with stress, consider Jiu-Jitsu. Recharge your mind without having to wait for vacations, weekends, or holidays. Do not let stress pile up. Do not take it out on people either. Let it out instead by moving, exercising, and sweating.
- Boosts mental health. Another good reason to consider studying Jiu-Jitsu is the mental benefit that it brings. Fighting is not just about throwing kicks or punches. Like a game of chess, you need to think about your strategy carefully. To bring down your opponent, you should use both physical and mental techniques.
- Helps you improve your focus. Jiu-Jitsu is not all about being the strongest person physically. It is about being the smartest fighter too. A strategy is crucial to take down your opponent and you will be using your mind as much as you use your body. As they say; work smarter, not harder. This applies very well to Jiu-Jitsu.
- Lets you apply your skills. Unlike other forms of self-defense, Jiu-Jitsu has to be practiced with an opponent. A human opponent that, like you, is also aiming to win the fight. During your training, you are matched with a sparring partner. You and your partner can both practice, learn, and improve from each other. When the time comes for you to put your skills to the test, you would not feel intimidated by your opponent.
A form of self-defense that combines seamlessly with your lifestyle, promotes equality and enhances your overall well-being. That is Jiu-Jitsu. It is something you can enjoy and benefit from every day. Try it today.