Not long ago, setting up a business used to be a mounting challenge. Entrepreneurs could not think of launching a company unless they had a physical office, competitive staff, and decent financial standing to see off the initial hitches. Thankfully, this is not the case anymore. Things have become more accessible for people who want to materialize their business proposals. All thanks to the remarkable rise in technology. Today, you can pretty much conduct all the business operations by yourself. It is one of the biggest reasons why start-ups are getting registered at an alarming pace.
However, despite having access to advanced tools, many enterprises come crashing down every year. Statistically speaking, a whopping 50 percent of small businesses become virtually non-functional within five years. Experts cite a lack of marketing or using outdated marketing techniques as the primary culprit behind this. Without a robust marketing roadmap, you can’t stand out in an increasingly crowded market, and failure becomes only a matter of time.
At the same time, many organizations have mastered the art of getting the word out. You must follow their suit to ensure better public outreach. Here is how successful companies effectively promote themselves:
- Maintain a robust presence on social media
It would not be the foggiest of an exaggeration to conclude that social media has become an addiction. Unlike in the past, people do not come on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to waste away their time. It has become a powerful tool to influence an individual’s purchasing decisions. Brands are aware of this reality, and nearly 70 percent exploit social media for promotional campaigns.
But there is a difference between a laidback and optimized usage of social platforms. In such instances,the assistanceof professionals such as https://www.linkbuildinghq.com/ helps achieve a prominent presence.
We are mentioning some turns and tricks below, which will help you to reign supreme all-over social media:
- Select the right channel: Social media has more than 3.8 billion active users across the world. Every business person in their sane mind would want to leverage the brand in front of such a large potential customer-pool. That said, you should not be tempted to create a social profile everywhere. Because it could put a significant burden on your shoulders, so try to stick to a single platform that aligns with your niche.
- Share posts at optimal hours: Optimal hours are when a maximum number of people are available on social media. In simple words, if you share content during these hours, you will have a high probability of catching the most eyeballs.
- Show your human side: Modern-day customers want brands to behave like humans. Cracking jokes or sharing lighter “behind the scene” moments are good ways to let followers experience a human side.
- Invest in SEO
An in-depth study reveals that as many as 75 percent of web users do not go beyond the first page of Google results. We can draw a pretty clear verdict out of this; your presence on the search engine barely matters if you can’t figure out how to climb the ranking ladder. That is where SEO (Search Engine Optimization) swings into action.
SEO has been around ever since digital marketing marked its inception. It has proved to be a very reliable tool for marketers over the years. It is highly advisable to avoid any shortcuts in the form of black hat strategies. Google heavily penalizes those who indulge in such malpractice.
- Make most of email marketing
Recently, businesses have begun to slash emails from their marketing strategy. The reason being, they believe that email marketing has outlived its utility. Well, the notion could not be further from reality. Almost 4 billion people have an email account in 2020. What is more, the number is all set to rise in the coming years. Email marketing works best for consumers who need a dose of persuasion time and again.
Since the success of email marketing hinges upon the open rate, subscribing to the following tips will make a huge difference:
- It is a must to mention the name of the recipient in the email. The best place to incorporate a receiver’s name is the subject line.
- Schedule emails at optimal hours.
- Poorly written emails are a huge turn-off. If people find out that your emails contain grammatical errors, they will never open them ever again. So be sure to scan run the text through online writing tools.
While SEO is about “earning” the first page, PPC (Pay Per Click) is about “buying” the first page on Google. With PPC, you become liable to pay a small fee every time someone clicks your ad. If you can extend your budget, we highly recommend capitalizing on PPC. It pays off big time in the long run.
The takeaway message
You can spend thousands of dollars on elevating the quality of your products and services. But what is the point of doing that if nobody even knows about your existence in the first place? That is why marketing should get the first preference.