VIT, as you all know, is the Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore. It is considered to be one of the best private deemed universities in the country. Established in the year 1984, VIT institute is situated in Vellore. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has conferred grade ‘A’ to the University. A myriad of courses are offered at the University from different backgrounds like Engineering, Business Studies, Science, Management, etc. There are a total of 15 schools on the premises of the University with a total of three other campuses. The other campuses are based in Bhopal, Amravati, and Chennai. A great vision and past year performances led the University to make its place in the top universities of the country.
In 2016, VIT was awarded ‘The University of the year’ award and in 2017, ‘Excellence in faculty for the year’ award. VIT institute is the leading Private University in the country and ranks in the top 450 Universities worldwide.
VIT Admission Process 2020: Fast Facts
VIT Vellore offers BTech to students from science background. The VIT admission process can be availed offline, as well as online. VIT admissions for engineering are governed by ranks scored by the students in the competitive exams. VIT institute conducts an exam named VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam) for undergraduate programs. This year, VITEEE was cancelled due to the ongoing COVID pandemic. The admissions will now be based on the class 12th marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
- Before 2020, the admissions in VIT, Vellore were conducted through the ranks obtained in the VITEEE. This year, the admissions will be based on the rank calculating system concerning an algorithm that will calculate ranks based on class 12th marks.
- The students with JEE Mains Rank or SAT rank will be given added weightage in the ranking system under the algorithm.
VIT Vellore BTech Admission 2020
There are ten different specialisations offered at VIT Institute, Vellore. Sub-specialisations are also offered in some courses. All the BTech programs span over four years.
- The applicants are required to be Indian residents, non-resident Indian nationals, or PIO.
- Students of Non-Indian Nationality who have studied or are currently studying abroad can easily apply through the foreign category. The official website offers forms for foreign category students.
- Students who had Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in Class 12th are eligible for the BTech program.
Selection Criteria for BTech 2020: This year, the selection process for BTech students will go through a valid VITEEE rank, which is calculated according to an algorithm that will rank students based on Class 12th marks.
VIT Admission Process 2020
You can easily find the VIT Institute admission process on the website. VIT admission process starts with an application form. The Application form 2020 is available on the website. The availability of the forms depends on the course and the number of seats offered in the course. For most of the programs offered at the VIT Institute, both offline and online forms are available. While only online forms are offered for some courses.
Offered Course Name and Application Fee (in Rs)
BTech (Offline application)
BTech (Online application)
Even if you know the process, it is very important to know the step-by-step application process for VIT admission.
VIT Institute BTech Application Process 2020
Two modes of VIT admission are available:
- Offline Application Form (OMR) for BTech
The candidates are required to get an application form. You can get an application form for a cost of Rs 1,200 through the following routes:
- All the designated post offices offer the forms PAN India.
- You are required to deposit a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs 1,200 in the name of ‘Vellore Institute of Technology’. You need to go to a campus of VIT institute, in person.
- Online Application Form for BTech
You can easily apply through the online mode through the official website vit.ac.in and submit the VIT admission through different modes:
- Net-banking, credit card, debit card, or Paytm for Rs 1,150 for Indian residents.
- NRI candidates along with those who choose abroad centres for the test may pay their application fees through online modes for $50.
- Those applying from the online mode need not send a hard copy of their application.
Hope you all understood the super flexile admission process and simple fee structure while opting for VIT Vellore for BTech.
For more details on VIT Admissions & Placements you can log on to Shiksha.com .