If you are a Facebook freak but often end up doing silly things, and Facebook locks you out, this article is a holy grail for you. Here we will be discussing all the possible reasons and solutions to cope up with the locked Facebook account. If you follow our guide, you can surely unlock your Facebook account in a matter of time.
We also suggest you follow all the precautionary measures that are mentioned at the end to avoid the cumbersome situations on Facebook. Also, it is very important to keep optimum behavior on Facebook to avoid facing emergencies like a locked account, Facebook Jail, or a disabled account.
Before moving to the ways to Recover temporarily locked Facebook accounts, we ask you to detect the cause of the issue and then fix the problem.
Reason 1: FB Database Update
Facebook performs a decluttering process every now and then to keep the space free from the fake and fraudster account. But sometimes FB fails to filter the fraud account and mistakenly block the genuine users. If you feel like this is your case, you need to request Facebook to unlock your Facebook account.
Reason 2: Accused of Illegitimate Activity
The illegal activities on Facebook are strongly prohibited. If you have done a thing out of the Facebook policies, you need to check for it and plead before Facebook to unblock you.
Reason 3: Ignored Facebook Warnings
If Facebook has warned you against something and you kept doing it even after the warning, you will be punished for negligence.
Reason 3: Being Suspicious
If Facebook catches you performing the suspicious activities, you are likely to get blocked by Fb and all your rights will be taken away for a while.
Reason 4: Adding Too Many Friends
If you have recently added too many people to your Facebook friend list, this can be the reason for your blocked FB account.
How to Recover a Temporarily Blocked Facebook Account?
Living without your Facebook account for a day sounds like a nightmare to many. Therefore, we suggest you mind your behavior on Facebook. But if you think you are the victim of injustice or FB has blocked your account mistakenly, here are the two possible ways you can try to retrieve your locked Facebook account.
Solution 1: Wait, Clear Cache, And Reset Password
Sometimes waiting can do all the tricks. Therefore, we suggest you wait for at least 96 hours before performing any corrective measure because doing so will make you look desperate and can even look more suspicious to Facebook.
After the completion of 96 hours, you must delete all the cache, cookies, and history from your respective browser or you can even try switching the browser.
Next, you need to open the Facebook identity confirmation page, where you need to enter the mobile number or email address, that is associated with your Facebook account. You will receive a verification code on your device, using the same code you can reset the password for your Facebook account and sign-in with the newly created password.
Solution 2: Verify Trusted Contacts
If you have added the trusted contacts to your Facebook account, it can give you a great benefit in the case of a locked account. It is quite an easy process to recover your locked FB account if your trusted contacts can help you with the code they receive.
Follow the steps to use trusted contacts for account recovery:
- Open the Facebook login page from your browser
- You need to provide the username for your FB account
- On the Security page, you need to click on “Get help from Friends”
- From the list of contacts, select the people available at the moment for help.
- Collect codes from all your friends and enter in the respective field
- After this, your account will be unlocked.
Few Precautionary Measures
We all know how important it is to follow all the precautions while using Facebook. If your Facebook account is quite active and it holds great importance, we suggest you be extra careful. Here below are the few possible precautionary measures you should follow:
- Follow FB terms: It is advisable to check all the terms and conditions of Facebook every now and then. It helps you stay updated and away from troubles on Facebook.
- Don’t use Proxy Server: Facebook is a location-based service, therefore using the proxy servers can make you look suspicious. So, we suggest you avoid using proxy servers to log-in to FB.
- Log-in From Multiple Devices: If your account is logged-in on multiple devices, FB can think of you as a fraudster. So, first sign-out from one device and then log-in from another after proving your ownership to the account.