If it is impossible to uninstall Office (→ how to uninstall Office ) because we receive an error or because the uninstallation is not completed we can use the Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365, an official application by Microsoft that can diagnose and solve this type of problems.
The support assistant is able to remove any version of Office (→ which version of Office is installed on the PC ) correcting all the errors that can prevent the correct uninstallation of the program.
When to use the Microsoft Recovery Assistant for Office?
The support and recovery assistant is completely free and can help in all situations where it is impossible to uninstall Office.
- When the Office installation process not completed and the program is unusable.
- If Office only partially installed without the ability to reinstall it.
- When it is not possible to remove a previously installed version of Office because of the installation files corrupted.
- If problems caused by a previous unsuccessful installation attempt.
- When it is impossible to uninstall Office using normal uninstallation methods.
How to use the Microsoft Recovery Assistant to Uninstall Office?
In order to use this application we must download and install it on the computer. Let’s see how.
Important: The support and recovery assistant does not allow you to uninstall standalone apps like Project or Visio. If we want to uninstall a standalone app we have to manually uninstall it in Windows Settings or using the Control Panel.
Download the assistant
Let’s go to the Office support page .
- In the Option 2 – Completely uninstall Office section with the uninstallation support tool, click Download.
- After a few moments, a file downloaded to your computer.
- We click on the file we downloaded to run it.
- We click Install and wait until the operation is complete. This could take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is complete, the application will open.
- We click Accept .
- The User Account Control window will open (→ what is User Account Control ).
- We click Yes or Continue .
- At this point we select the version of Office that we want to uninstall and follow the instructions displayed.
- When prompted, we restart the computer.
- After restarting, the support and recovery assistant will open automatically to complete the uninstallation process.