Resetting a Linksys extender is as easy as counting 123. No matter for what reason you want to take your Linksys extender to its default factory settings, the methods given in the article will help you make things happen in no time. Maybe your WiFi extender is not working the way it should, or you’ve forgotten the password of your Linksys RE6700, here’s how to factory reset your device through the soft reset or hard reset method.
How to Factory Reset Linksys Range Extender RE6700 using the Soft Reset Method
Before you get started, know that resetting linksys re6700 will erase all the data on your extender. For example, if you have set a unique username and password for your Linksys, the settings will set to defaults.
The Soft Reset is the easiest way to reset your Linksys to the factory settings. All you need to do is:
- Power up your Linksys RE6700 by choosing a well-working power socket.
- Once you see the LED lights on your RE6700 lits green, access extender.linksys.com using a web browser on your device.
- You will see the Linksys extender login page as soon as you hit the Enter button.
- Login to your Linksys extender and navigate to its Settings.
- Locate the Reset option and select it.
- You will be asked to confirm your choice.
- Do the same and let your RE6700 set to default settings.
To avoid any issues while doing the soft reset process for your Linksys RE6700, make sure you don’t interrupt the whole process with the working of any other task in between.
How to Factory Reset Linksys Range Extender RE6700 using Hard Reset Method
If your WiFi extender is running into issues and you can’t make the most of your internet, you can reset your Linksys by heading to the physical Reset button on your Linksys.
The placement of the Reset button on a Linksys varies slightly as per the model you are using. So, check all the sides of your device to find the Reset button. To commence the hard reset method:
- Get hold of a pin-like device.
- We hope you have already located the Reset button.
- Press and release the button using the pin.
- As soon as you complete the process, your Linksys RE6700 will get back to the default settings.
Note: During the time of Hard Reset, make sure your Linksys is not connected to any other device like router or modem.
Now, the next time you power up your Linksys extender, it will be demanding you to go through the process of Linksys wireless extender setup. Once set up, you are recommended to change the login details of your Linksys for adding an additional layer of security to it.
This is all about how to reset a Linksys extender. We hope you get answers to all your queries. Just in case, you can’t set your Linksys RE6700 back to its factory settings, approach a technical expert for quick assistance. Experimenting with the reset, especially for non-techies, can make your WiFi extender not working instead of moving it to the situation (factory settings) when you took it out of its box.