The government of the UK launched the Global Talent Visa on 20th February 2020, as a replacement for the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa. The Home Office of the UK grants these visas to skilled professionals. The processing time to apply for the UK Global Talent Visa is 4 weeks to 8 weeks.
During the first step of the Global Talent Visa application process, you have to get an endorsement from one of the six endorsing bodies instructed by the Home Office that you are a leader (exceptional talent) or an emerging (exceptional promise) one in a particular field.
In the second stage: you have to submit the visa application to the Home Office. The Home Office will evaluate the general grounds for acceptance or refusal of your application and if you are already in the UK on a pre-existing visa, your eligibility for the Global Talent visa on the basis of this visa will be considered.
Role of Tech Nation
You have to get a Tech Nation Visa when you are applying for endorsement in the digital technology market. Britain has one of the most inventive and engaged tech sectors in the world. The visa is primarily issued for five years, and it can be extended for five more years. The eligibility criteria are quite different and difficult. It also gives a way for Indefinite Leave to Stay and ultimately British Citizenship.
Tech Nation will judge whether you are “Exceptional Talent (recognised leader)” or “Exceptional Promise (arising leader)”.
For Exceptional Talent:
Best Immigration lawyers in London say that to become eligible for endorsement by Tech Nation based on ‘Exceptional Talent’, you will have to prove at least one of the main criteria, which are:
- You will either need to have a verified track certificate of innovation in the digital technology area as a creator or director of a product-led digital technology company or an employee working in a new digital field or concept, or
- Evidence of recognition for work outside immediate work position that has participated in the development of the digital technology area.
Qualifying Criteria; you will need to appease at least two of them –
- Gave rise to considerable technological, commercial, or entrepreneurial assistance in the digital technology area as either a creator, entrepreneur or employee of a product-led digital technology company;
- Must have honoured as a leading talent in the digital technology sector;
- Endured constant learning or mastery of new digital skills either commercial or technical throughout their career;
- That person has ascertained proficiency in the area by making academic contributions through research published or otherwise endorsed by a research supervisor or other professional.
For Exceptional Promise:
To qualify for approval by Tech Nation based on ‘Exceptional Promise’, you will have to demonstrate at least one of the main criteria, which are:
- Proof of innovation (more than one) in the digital technology sector as a founder of a product-led digital technology company or as personnel working in a new digital field or concept that can be proved.
- Proof of recognition for work outside your immediate occupation that has bestowed to the growth of the sector.
Qualifying Criteria; you will need to prove at least two of them –
- Major commercial or entrepreneurial, technical contributions in the digital technology sector as either a founder or employee of a product-led digital technology company.
- Have been honoured as having the potential to be a leading talent in the digital technology sector.
- Continuous learning/mastery of recent digital skills (commercial or technical).
- By giving two or more examples of innovation in digital technology by contributing to academics through research or thesis published or otherwise recommended by a research supervisor or other specialists.