Apart from Sage benefits, sometimes users encounter certain errors. These errors may be stopped you all from working or leads to a major loss of your company. While running with Sage, you might be received this type of error message “Sage 50 Cannot be started” or “Sage 50 Could not be started” this issue occurs due to many reasons such as Pervasive missing, Incorrect permission set, inappropriate data path, and many more. To avoid the loss of your business, fix these issues as soon as possible. In this article, you find all the required information to repair this error.
What are the basic reasons behind this error?
- When your system has more than 12 characters
- Pervasive unable to working
- Improper VPN connection
- Workstation unable to ping the server by IP address or name
- Incomplete installation files or damaged program files
- An inappropriate remote desktop drive mapping
- Corrupted or damaged window user profile
How to resolve the Sage 50 could not be started?
Method 1: You can fix this error by restarting the pervasive on the system that hosts the data
- In the first step, you have to press the Windows+R key simultaneously
- Write “Service. MSC” and moving forward with an OK click
- Hit the next right-click on the “Actian PSQL Workgroup Engine” and choose the Restart option
- Now, enter your double-click on the “Actia Workgroup” engine
- Choose the “Recovery” tab
- Click on the “Restart the service” option in the first failure
- After this, hit the next click on the second failure drop-down boxes
- Now, you have to set the “Reset Fail Count” to reset new settings after 1 day
- Click on the OK button and check that Sage opens on the workstation and server without any issue
- If you still find this issue then restart the pervasive on the workstation
Method 2: Restart the workstation with the following steps:
- You need to reboot the workstation just by following the displayed instructions
- After this, if it reconnects with your Network Drive, then the issue is resolved
- If you are still unable to find the connection with your mapped drive, then connect with your Network driver
Method 3: Install the latest release of Microsoft Windows
- First of all, press the Windows+R keys at the same time
- Write “Control” and proceed further with the OK button
- Now, you have to choose “Window Updates” and click on the “Check for Updates”
- To finish the process, perform on-screen guidelines
- Now, open your Sage to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 4: Sometimes this error appears, due to a damaged data path. To create a new data path, you have a choice to utilize the Database repair utility, go with the below steps:
- First of all, go to the damaged path and remove all files. But make sure, files only not folders
- To save the data, you have the choice to place all files in the new folder under the peachtree folder
- Now, you have to copy the new data path files
- And then paste that copied data path files in the damaged data path.
- At last, open the Sage to check issue is fixed or not.
Method 5: If all the above methods are failed to fix this issue switch to the windows feature ON, then perform the below steps
- Hold down at the Windows+R key simultaneously
- Then write the “Control” and click on the OK button
- Now, you have to choose the “Programs and Feature” option
- Hit the next click on the “Turn Windows features on or off”
- Moving forward and click on the “Allow” button to make new changes
- After this, remove Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1 box and click on the OK button
- Wait until the changes are not applied and follow displayed guidelines to restart the system
- Now you can reboot your system and implement the above 1-5 steps
- Hit the double-click on the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1
- Choose the “Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation” box
- and enter the next click on the “Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation” box
- To end this process, click on the OK button
The above-given information concludes all possible ways to fix the Sage 50 Cannot be started. So, you can handle your business accountancy without any issue. Must be sure that you perform the below guidelines step-by-step. Throughout this, you can save your valuable time to focus on another process of your organization.