In today’s time, both men and women are becoming more conscious of their appearance. That is why methods like gynecomastia are gaining popularity. But being a surgical procedure, gynecomastia surgery does bring a recovery period with it. You need to be additionally careful during this time because your body is under the healing phase, and even a little bit of negligence can lead to further complications.
We have brought here some factors that you will experience while recovering from the surgery. It will help you understand how exactly this recovery period will look like. So let’s dig into these different aspects.
- There Will Be Bandages And Other Medical Devices
Despite being an outpatient procedure, gynecomastia does require proper medical dressing. This not only helps with the swelling but also supports the new chest contour. Therefore, the shape doesn’t get changed in any circumstances. Along with this, your surgeon may also use a compression garment for the same purpose. In some cases where a more complicated process is followed, the excess fluid must get removed from the operated area. For this, surgeons provide a surgical drain. You will have to wear some of these devices for the first few weeks.
- There Will Be Medication
Medication is the most obvious thing after a surgical procedure. Generally, doctors include three kinds of medicines for the recovery from gynecomastia:
- Pain relief: This helps in soothing out the pain around the operated area. In case you miss out on these tablets, you will end up having a difficult time recovering from the surgery.
- Digestion or acidity tablets: It is seen that people often suffer from digestive issues after a surgical procedure. For this reason, these tablets are given to them during the recovery period so that their digestion remains unimpaired.
- Multivitamins: These tablets help the body in gaining more strength and recovering faster. You must not avoid these because they can make your recovery smoother and quicker.
There may be some other medication as well, depending on your individual medical condition. However, your surgeon will provide you with the prescription right after the procedure, so you need not worry about anything.
- There Will Be Soreness Or No Sensation In The Treated Area
You will feel either soreness or no sensation at all around the treated area for the first few days. This is normal in almost all cases, and there is nothing to stress about. The medications will further help with this. Also, the usual sensation will be back within days after the treatment. You can contact your surgeon if you feel any exceptional or unbearable discomfort.
- 4. You Will Have To Follow Several Instructions
Your surgeon will suggest you instructions about how to sleep, when to take a bath, how to move your body, etc. You can note down these points and follow them correctly. With their guidance, you won’t face any unnecessary discomfort or problems. Thus, your recovery will become smoother and hassle-free.
Conclusion In short, we can say that the recovery after gynecomastia surgery isn’t something you should be scared of. You only have to go by the instructions and take the provided medications on time, and you will recover within no time.