QuickBooks is a leading accounting and bookkeeping software that is widely popular across the globe. This software is designed for small business owners and accounting professionals that enables hassle-free recording of business transactions accurately. The QuickBooks application is wholly developed and marketed by Intuit Incorporation.
QuickBooks is mainly designed so that accountants and business owners can record their operational transactions, maintain payrolls, manage reports with just basic knowledge of the accounting solutions and QuickBooks operations.
The H series errors like QuickBooks Error Code H202, H101, and H505 are the errors that usually occur when a user tries to switch single-user mode to multi-user mode. Normally this error occurs when a user tries to open an account from another computer.
Reasons for the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, and H505
The following are the possible reasons for this error:
- QuickBooks application does not open.
- Inaccurate hosting configuration settings.
- The firewall ports of the QuickBooks application are not set up properly.
- Some damage in the QuickBooks installation process.
- Inability to connect with the host server.
- An older version of the QuickBooks application.
- Existence of virus or malware present in the system.
- Incorrect anti-virus settings in the application
Symptoms of the QuickBooks H101, H202, H505
The following are the various signs and symptoms of this error:
- Your computer screen will display the error message that indicates the occurrence of this error.
- The system will crash down when the error occurs.
- Your windows and screen freeze for a few minutes within a fixed interval of time.
- The windows will run very slowly, in some cases, completely stops responding.
- The message will display the Error Code as Error H505 occurs.
Solutions to fix the QuickBooks Error H101, H202, H505
Below are the solutions that will help you to resolve this error:
Solution 1. You can download QuickBooks File Doctor
- Visit the Intuit official website.
- Look for the QuickBooks File Doctor tool.
- You will now be prompted to the download page of the tool.
- Click on the ‘Download Tool’ option.
- When the download completes, open the tool and install it.
- After the installation completes, open the tool, and run it.
- The tool will scan the entire system and analyze the cause for the occurrence of this error.
- After analyzing, this tool will resolve the causing error.
- You are now required to reboot the computer.
- Then restart it.
- Verify if the issue has been resolved or not.
Solution 2. Fix the Hosting Multi-user errors
- Search for the QuickBooks files on the computer or your desktop.
- Go to the ‘Check your network’ option and click it.
- Choose the ‘Continue’ tab.
- When you are on the host system, select the ‘Server’ icon.
- The screen will flash a message asking about the related folders.
- Click on the ‘Yes’ option.