Grilling can be a very fun family experience and it is a tradition in most countries to have grilling cookouts for wedding parties, birthdays, and other special occasions. As the world is progressing onwards, people are switching from the traditional gas or charcoal grills to electric grills for their convenience. These electric grills can be portable and are also safe to use indoors or on your balcony. An indoor electric barbecue grill will usually be small enough to be carried to any place, and safe enough to be used in the dishwasher.
The pros and cons of owning an electric grill have been listed below, for your ease. This will give you an accurate depiction of what it is like to own one. It will also help you decide on whether you should invest in an electric barbecue grill or not.
- These grills are user friendly and are great for beginners.
- Grilling can be as easy as 1,2,3 on an electric barbecue grill. It is also faster and saves more time if you’re in a rush.
- Cleaning and maintenance is not a hassle as most of them have grill plates that can be removed and put into the dishwasher.
- Electric grills are environmentally friendly with little to no smoke and toxins arising during the grilling process.
- These grills are usually quite compact and not too heavy, and can be carried around with ease for camping trips or while you’re traveling.
- Suitable for small space living such as apartments or condominiums.
- Fuel charges will be eliminated when you use an electric barbecue grill.
- The temperature can be controlled easily, and there are fewer dangers associated with electric grills as compared to open flame gas or charcoal grills.
- Electric grills can be quite expensive and require a decent amount of investment.
- It is highly important to keep the electrical parts dry, and care should be taken while cleaning such parts.
- Does not give off a smokey tone to your food as compared to open flame grills.
Kenyon City Grill Review
The Kenyon City barbecue grill is quite hot in the market these days and is listed as one of the top indoor barbecue grills in 2020. This unbiased, and honest review will give you an accurate description of the features and usage of this electric barbecue grill.
If you’re situated in an urban setting or a small compact apartment where open flame grilling is not allowed, this grill will be perfect for you. The smoke that comes out from this grill is minimal, and it does not flare-up. This makes it suitable to be used inside of your kitchen, or maybe your balcony. The grill itself is quite light at a weight of around 27 pounds and is large enough to grill 6 burger patties. The handles are made out of stainless steel, and the grill itself is durable with a rust-proof body and non-stick grate which is safe to use in the dishwasher. It also comes with a cord that is 6 ft long, and a knob that can control the temperature of the grill. The lid can also be removed and cleaned and is dishwasher-safe.
The grill will take some time for you to get accustomed to. Before using, you need to add 16 ounces of your desired liquid (water or wine) inside the drip tray. The electric barbecue grill also needs to be preheated for around 5 – 9 minutes. It heats up pretty quickly at the maximum temperature, and you can easily switch the temperature up and down by using the dial on the grill. A general guide also comes along with this grill regarding what types of temperatures are suitable for different types of foods. Food cooked on the Kenyon City Grills tastes extremely nice, and most users are quite satisfied with their purchase.
Clean up is a quite simple process as well. The grate of the grill should be lifted and can either be cleaned by hand or put in the dishwasher. The drip tray should also be cleaned of any liquid or food scraps that are on it.
For $425, this electric barbecue grill is a steal. It has a decent set of features and is a user-friendly grill that can be used inside of your house safely. It heats up quickly and evenly and makes good-tasting food. One other convenience is that since it is an electric grill, all you need to do is plug it into an outlet without any propane gas, which can be quite inconvenient and also slightly dangerous. According to user reviews, this grill will give you the best value for money and is worth buying if you’re considering investing in an electric barbecue grill.