People frequently use video conferencing software nowadays to connect and communicate and it is necessary to make the communication more consistent, easier, and broader. The virtual online meetings will be more effective when you use professional backgrounds or office backgrounds behinds you and attend the online business meeting.
Meeting etiquette for better video calls
In-person meetings and online meetings are not similar and they have different social backgrounds and norms. Some norms and customs are not established yet. The norms should be learned at different rates because different people use these tools in different ways. If you have any problem, you may ask for help from your colleagues or friends.
Here we explain some tips that help you to prepare yourself before the meeting starts:
- You can try any video conferencing software like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Google Duo, and Skype. This will help you to find the right video conferencing software that fulfills your requirement. Each software has its unique features and they work differently. For example, Zoom software offers you to connect with a huge group of persons and it allows you to raise your hand if you want to ask any question whereas Skype has a feature of live automatic captioning to the meeting for the participant that has a hearing problem.
- You should try the selected video conferencing software with your friend and colleagues before attending the important meeting. This will help you to find out all problems and to works on them and learn how to point the things, draw on the screen, and many more.
- Before joining the meeting, you should test your microphone, Bluetooth headphones, etc. You also need to test the quality of audio and video.
- It is good for you to use an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi. It will reduce the problem of network connection and reduce the audio cut or freeze the video.
- Many people join online meetings because it is a learning point. Ensure that you can reduce concern for everyone before the beginning of an online meeting.
- The online meeting will be more effective and reliable by changing the background. For example, if you are using the Zoom video conferencing software, you may use free virtual zoom backgrounds to enhance the online meeting experience.
- You may feel free to off your camera if there is no need.
- You must think about the proper and adequate lighting and the correct view of the camera when you are using the camera. Light should enlighten your face rather than the back of your head. You should make sure that the curtain of the back window is closed.
- When you are attending the large meetings with a lot of participants, you can off your camera if you are not speaking in the meeting.
- You must be ensured about the hygiene and cleanliness of the surroundings before attend the meeting. To solve this issue, you can use free virtual office backgrounds to hide your messy background.