Many of my students ask me how to get the best possible score in IELTS. Okay, so the most obvious thing is to practice and make sure that your reading, writing, listening and speaking skills are good enough to get the IELTS score you need. First of all, I suggest that you familiarise yourself with what is expected in the test on the official IELTS website (www.ielts.org) but in the meantime, I will make it easier for you by giving you some information about what to expect.
IELTS Training Course in Dubai
In my opinion, half the battle is to know the IELTS test procedure. If you have already had to take a test more than once, think how much easier it was the second time because you knew what to expect! I should know; I failed my driving test FOUR times!
What is the IELTS test?
The first thing to do is to make sure that IELTS is the test you need.
IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System; it is an English testing system that assesses the language skills of people who want or need to study in an English-speaking environment. Many employers, universities and immigration services require you to obtain a certain IELTS score before accepting your application.
IELTS Preparation Course in dubai
When thinking about when you will take the test, it is important to remember that your IELTS score is only valid for two years.
Then you need to decide which version of the test is the best version of IELTS for you. There are two versions of the IELTS test: the Academic version and the General Training version. If you want to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level you should take the academic version of IELTS, if you want to emigrate or work abroad, the General Training version of IELTS is appropriate.
Both versions have four sub-tests or modules: reading, writing, listening and speaking. The IELTS Listening and IELTS Speaking subtests are the same in both the Academic and General Training versions but the IELTS Reading and IELTS Writing subtests are different. A certified examiner, who has undergone extensive training, will assess your written and oral skills and give you a ranking score in these subtests.
How do I register for the IELTS test?
I recommend that you go to the official IELTS website and download the IELTS manual and IELTS information for candidates. These two booklets explain how to register for the test. But I will give you a brief overview and give you my own comments here.
You register at your local IELTS testing center to take the test.
You can find your nearest test center on the official IELTS website. Where you will find the address, contact details and dates of the next tests.
IELTS Training Centre in Dubai
- Go to the IELTS test center to get an application form. If you are having difficulty getting there, you can download an application form from the official IELTS website. You can even ask the test center to send you one by post.
3. decide when you want to take the test and fill in the application form. Make sure you write the correct module; academic or general education, depending on your needs.
- If possible, ask a native English-speaking friend to check your application form for you.
- Send your completed form to the test center you wish to attend. Along with two passport photos and the test fee.
- Make sure you provide the same identification on the day of the test as you indicated on your application form. If the two pieces of identification are different, you will not be allowed to take the test. If for any reason this will not be possible, contact the Test Center immediately.
- Once your application form has been processed. The Test Center will send you a confirmation letter with the date and time of the test. As well as some instructions for the day of the test.