QuickBooks is a common and well-designed software with extremely advanced features. This software isn’t less than any boon for entrepreneurs across the world. however once it involves technicalities, coding, and algorithms, glitches and technical problems are part and parcel. while exploring the features and functionalities of this software, often QuickBooks users might face certain errors, one such error is QuickBooks software unable to export files to stand out. several QuickBooks users would possibly encounter this error, and therefore the majority of them notice it too troublesome to be tackled.
Are you unable to export to Excel? the choice would be dulled out and you wouldn’t be able to choose it if there’s an export to excel issue in QuickBooks Desktop. however don’t worry, this can be repairable. If you have already got MS excel installed on your pc however you failed to export reports – all you would like to do is install some updates.
Understanding the Error: QuickBooks won’t Export to Excel
QuickBooks users recently reported the QuickBooks not having the ability to export the information to excel or QuickBooks unable to export to excel. this could be caused if the software is unable to spot the excel that’s installed within the system. This issue typically comes up once the user tries to update the QuickBooks software. just in case the update is unsuccessful, this could end up during this error. These errors are often resolved by re-registering all the keys with Microsoft by re-installation or by simply repairing Microsoft office.
Why QuickBooks won’t Export to Excel?
- This downside will occur because of an unsupported edition of the QuickBooks that really doesn’t support export to excel feature
- You might not use the newest upgraded version of the QuickBooks application
- It may be a partial or unsuccessful update of QuickBooks Desktop which can cause this error
- The abnormal functioning of the File registry
- A corrupted MS excel software will cause the error: unable to export to excel from QuickBooks
- A corrupt installation of the QuickBooks Desktop is also one potential reason for not having the ability to export report back to excel from QuickBooks
Reasons for this error in Mac Devices
- QuickBooks for macintosh 2016 R5 or earlier Macintosh OS 10.10.2 is needed
- Intel Core duo or higher is recommended
- 2-4 GB RAM
- At least 250 MB disc space is required
- QuickBooks Payroll needs an active web connection along with a properly functioning adobe reader so as to print forms
Solutions to fix error: QuickBooks won’t Export to Excel
Solution 1: Check the Compatibility of QuickBooks with excel
Due to the incompatibility of your QuickBooks and MS excel, you will not export any report back to excel. So, here you’ve got to 1st check out whether or not the software is compatible or not. If it’s not, create it compatible first by upgrading the QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version and so try to export any report. Follow the given directions to upgrade:
- First of all, login to your QuickBooks account by entering the proper credentials
- Now, once you’re successfully logged in, purchase the most recent version of QuickBooks and then transfer it to your operating device
- After that, run the setup and uninstall the present version of QuickBooks to stop any technical problems from being happening
- Carefully install the upgraded version of the QuickBooks software with complete preciseness
- If upgrading QuickBooks doesn’t fix QuickBooks Won’t Export to excel issue, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2: Update QuickBooks to the newest Version
Update QuickBooks Desktop to the newest version release and install it on your system.
- Open the QuickBooks application on your system
- Navigate through the main menu and click on on “update.”
- Wait for the update method to finish
- Before you begin the update method, confirm that you simply have a stable web connection
- Try once more to export the QuickBooks reports to excel, and if the error continues, check if the following solution might bring luck.
Solution 3: Check if Microsoft office needs repairing
If the on top of steps failed, then the user will repair the Microsoft office, if needed. Here is how you’ll repair the Microsoft office.
Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1
- Click on the start button on the screen or the keyboard
- Go to the control panel and click on Programs
- Select Uninstall a Program and click on the office product (excel) you need to repair and click on change
- As per the availability of the choice, click online repair then choose repair or choose repair and then continue
- Follow the prompts on the screen
- Click on the start button on the screen or the keyboard
- Select the MS office Product you have got to repair and click on Modify
- As per the availability of the choice, click online repair then select repair or select repair then continue
- Follow the prompts on the screen.
Solution 4: Toggle Windows User Account Controls (UAC)
Toggling your Windows UAC settings for on and off can reset something that blocks the export feature. Here, what you’ve got to try to do is:
- First, open the Windows start menu on your computer
- Now, sort “User Account Management Settings” into the search box and then open User Account management Settings
- Select and move the slider to “Never Notify”
- And then click on the “OK” tab
- After that, restart your pc
- Once again you’re advised to undertake to export a report, if nonetheless, QuickBooks Won’t Export to excel, you’ll move to successive solutions.
Solution 5: Reinstall QuickBooks
Please note that your pc shall have Microsoft office and excel already put in before you install QuickBooks. If Microsoft Office isn’t already available, you need to uninstall and reinstall the QB Desktop.
Go back into QuickBooks and decide to export a report after reinstalling QuickBooks.
Perform QuickBooks troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article in the provided sequence. You are very likely to be able to get rid of the export to Excel Issue. If you are still facing QuickBooks desktop unable to export to Excel or QuickBooks Excel couldn’t open the data file error then the user should come to our website for detailed troubleshooting steps. Also, they can get help from our QuickBooks Experts through live chat available on our website.