With the intense interest of the people in online shopping, more people give importance to having such efficient shopping than spending hours in traditional shopping. However, business merchants should be wise and handle the right technology to be successful in the industry. So, you should be skilled and know the process of handling online tools. One of such common platforms that the ecommerce business owners should be aware of is Magento.
When the customer is placing an order through this tool called Magento, it will automatically add a new transaction activity by default without manual process. Now, the order status will be changed to “pending”. On payment, it will automatically produce the invoice to cancel the order when the customer does not pay. Are you willing to explore more about the Magneto framework? Here it is!
Steps with the placement of orders in the eCommerce store following Magento framework
- Placing the order
After finding and deciding the product to purchase, they will decide to place an order. When the customer clicks to checkout from the cart of the new website, the Magento framework will immediately add it as the new order and start with the processing work.
As soon as the customer places the order, it gets added to the new order database with the pending status. Based on the necessity, the customer will also have an option to cancel it unless they pay for it.
3. Payment process
When the customer pays and it moves to the owner’s side, the framework will automatically change it to “processing”.
4. Generating invoice
When the payment process is completed and if the owner notifies for the successful payment, the framework will automatically generate the invoice. Depending on the information stored in the software about the details of the customer, it will directly reach the customer.
The purchasing process comes to an end with the previous step. Now, the tool will print the packing slip and shipping label for the customer. So, the customer can get to know that the product is ready to deliver and they will receive the product shortly.
6. Tracking the order
The customers can track the product throughout the travelling time by following these steps.
- Step 1: You have to login into the Magento admin panel
- Step 2: You will find the tab called “sales” from the left sidebar and select the option called “order” in it.
- Step 3: Find the order in the list and see the status by clicking on the “Status” column, and you can also track the status of the order.
If the customer wants to reorder the same setoff products, it is simple and easy. They do not have to follow the entire process once again. To reorder the same products, they can follow these steps.
- Step 1: On the admin left sidebar, you will find the option Stores and click on it.
- Step 2: Under the tab called “setting” menu, click on “Configuration”.
- Step 3: From the left panel, expand by clicking “sales”, and choose the option “sales”.
- Step 4: Expand the “Reorder” section that is found on the right panel and set “yes” on the “allow reorder”.
Other crucial aspects
When you enter the credit memo to issue the refund, you have an option to return the product quality to deduct the source. The order information incorporates the inventory sources that shipped that product for the customer. Experts recommend awarding the returned product quality through the credit memo when you receive the returned product from the users.
2. Cancelling the unshipped orders
If the order has not been shipped and it is cancelled before that, the inventory management will automatically return the product stock to the scalable quantity. Unless invoice and shipping, purchased products are reserved against the salable quantity, it will not be deducted from the actual quantity. The system converts the reservation into the inventory deduction automatically, at the point of invoicing and shipping the order.
With the Magento, you can send partial or complete shipment from one to more sources to fulfil the orders. You can control the outgoing inventory for all the orders. Further, they can also deduct, send one or more shipments and deliver the stock and backorder as the availability of the inventory. For every line item in the order, you have to enter the amount to be deducted from the source quality. Generate the shipment per source as you have the stock, until fulfilling the entire order.
4. Partial shipment
In the case of the multi-source merchants, Magneto can generate the shipment for the entire source you are selecting. The general workflow will allow you to select the source, set the product quality to deduct to fulfil the order and proceed with the shipment. When the process is completed, create the additional shipping for the entire source until you have fulfilled the order.
List of features to note
- It is the quick way for the bulk order processing in one click without any hassles.
- Add the tracking number for all the orders.
- Create invoices for multiple orders
- After generating the shipment, the order status will get changed to “Complete” automatically without any human efforts.
- View the detailed order information with any other IDs, customer email, customer name, ship-to name and bill-to
- Change the bulk order status based on the pending, complete or processing.
- The changes will be reflected in the Magento to default order list as well
- Refine the orders with the help of various filters like customer email, ship-to name, customer name, order ID and bill-to.
- Making multiple combinations of order processing actions and execute them together
The bottom line
Overall, Magento is the flexible and affordable solution for selling, fulfilling and managing the sales. When you want to be successful in the digital platform, you have to ensure you possess more knowledge in this area and implement the strategies successfully.