Similar to Yahoo, AOL Mail service is also considered an attractive option by millions of people from all across the world, who already have email accounts on AOL Free-Mail platform. It is so because, AOL dated back to the 1980s comes with various amazing features that users enjoy like advanced spam filters, virus protection, seven usernames per master account and personalized email addresses, etc.
So, considering these benefits, if you also want to enjoy its features, its free of cost service and a freeway communication method to exchange emails on an everyday basis, you need to create an AOL email account first! However, if you have no idea how to sign up for an AOL email account then, do not worry and take help from this below-mentioned step-by-step guide.
Creating Your Own AOL Email Account:
- To start the sign-up process, you need to first open your preferred web browser (like Chrome or Firefox).
- From your web browser, navigate yourself to the ‘AOL Website’ using this link ‘www.aol.com.’
- On the website, click on the option of ‘Login/Join me’ which is there in the upper right corner of the web page.
- Then, you’ll be navigated to the ‘AOL Sign in Page’ and there, click on the option of ‘Create an Account’ from the bottom of the page.
- Doing so will open a ‘Sign up form’ in front of you and all you need to do is enter the following asked details in the required text field:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (If you receive a message saying—its already taken then, type another until the username is available for use)
- Password (It should be unique like your fingerprint; use can use uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers and symbols to create the unique password for your AOL account)
- Phone Number (select your country code and then enter your mobile number)
- Gender (It is optional)
- Once done with entering the details, click on the ‘Continue’ button to reach the next page where you need to click on the ‘Text me a verification code’ in order to verify your phone number.
- After that, you’ll receive a ‘Welcome to AOL’ message.
- Then, click on the ‘Done’ option which is there below the received welcome message.
- Further, click on the option of ‘I Agree’ in order to reach back to the ‘AOL Login Page.’
- That’s it! Click on the login option and enter your login credentials to access your new AOL email account.
- However, that’s not it, you need to further navigate yourself to the ‘Account security page’ from the AOL account ‘Settings’ and there, choose a security question from the available drop-down options in order to answer the same for security purposes.
- Also, provide an alternate email address to receive account reset instructions in the nearby future in case you forget your password.
- Then, click on the ‘Next’ button and type the letters or numbers (same as given in the security code box) to confirm that you’re not a robot. That’s it! Click on the ‘Continue’ button to confirm and to complete the AOL sign-up process. Now, you’re ready to use your AOL email account.
This way, using the above-mentioned steps correctly, you’ll be able to create your ‘Master AOL email account’ in order to access news, services, email, and more.
Other than this, as we’ve already mentioned earlier, AOL also provides you the option to add up to 7 usernames to your ‘Master Account.’ So, if you want to add a username to your account, you can do so by following the given steps.
Create and Manage AOL Username
- Visit the AOL website using the link (mentioned above).
- Then, simply sign in to your ‘Master Account’ using the correct login credentials.
- After that, from the ‘Usernames option’ click on ‘Manage My Usernames.’
- Under it, click on the ‘Add a Screen Name’ field and enter the username that you want to add to your AOL account.
- Then, click on the ‘Drop-down menu’ to simply select the age category for the added username.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button and further, select the option of ‘Account Security Question’ again from the drop-down list.
- After that, answer the security question and click on the ‘Continue’ button to finally add the other username to your master AOL account. That’s all!
However, if you find yourself stuck somewhere in between the steps then what best you can do is, visit the website like ‘Get assist’ to take further assistance about the same.